• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Planet Run is complete! Zolnerowich would be pleased!
2 2

187 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Sweet! Is that your copy? Where'd you find that beauty?

Interesting resemblance to Planet #10 for sure!

I wish! I do not have a copy, just borrowed one for comparison purposes. Of course, I’d love to have a copy one day. But Planet 10 first!

1 minute ago, Zolnerowich said:

PLANET #15

Well. Well well. This was the issue I figured might be my Achilles heel. I knew this book had felled finer fellers than I. This book is really hard to find, and when found, it is usually in "assault and battery" condition.

I first laid eyes on this copy at NYCC in Oct. 2017, on display in one of the glass cases at the Heritage Auctions booth. I think @comicjack was next to me as we drooled over the book. The colors seduced me. The colors screamed "youmustbuythisbook" again and again, until its spirit stuff seeped into the OCD reaches of my brain. And that was that.

15.thumb.jpg.e9dddd4e400ea9118707551e2304710b.jpg

Yes we did droollol

53 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

PLANET #72

A post-Berk Berk book! Found this for sale about 4 months after the ComicConnect auction. I do quite like this book!

If anyone actually knows what was the kink in the Besselink brain, please post here.

72.thumb.jpg.f5a9a64e0e09bfb258889dd36a6d9f23.jpg

my copy is raw....

I have the compendiums as well....

Edited by Artboy99

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

PLANET #15

Well. Well well. This was the issue I figured might be my Achilles heel. I knew this book had felled finer fellers than I. This book is really hard to find, and when found, it is usually in "assault and battery" condition.

I first laid eyes on this copy at NYCC in Oct. 2017, on display in one of the glass cases at the Heritage Auctions booth. I think @comicjack was next to me as we drooled over the book. The colors seduced me. The colors screamed "youmustbuythisbook" again and again, until its spirit stuff seeped into the OCD reaches of my brain. And that was that.

A48F1344-810E-4FDC-9DB1-7D905356614E.gif

6 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

What's in the compendiums? (compendia?)

reprints the interiors of all the Planet Comics books including covers and any interior text stories. Was done by Roy Thomas through PS Artbooks. They are available in hardcover format or hardcovers with slipcase.

**tidbit. They had some trouble acquiring images of some of the books that were of sufficient quality to print. I scanned my personal copy of Planet 15 for these. :cloud9:

planet-release.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

PLANET #45

This book arrived courtesy of Soft-Serve. His goal was to collect Planets with the most ink-dripping colors he could find. This was a true labor of love. When he put his books up for sale in one of the GA threads in 2017, there was fervent buying among us boardies. I was fortunate to land this book. The cover seems heavy with the dense saturation of inks, which might (?) indicate that this copy spun off the printing press very early in the print run. This was Soft-Serve's idea anyhow, which I find plausible given that he is an artist who just might know about these things.

45.thumb.jpg.9832678792b9aefe87a0c02c8c2af1a4.jpg

15 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

PLANET #15

I should have picked up more of Nick Cage books back then.I always tell you and Spyder that you guys are lucky to have copies (thumbsu

102_5993.thumb.JPG.aab8895a0f64c5d9bf05b61be1cdcb44.JPG

:cry:

1 minute ago, Zolnerowich said:

PLANET #45

This book arrived courtesy of Soft-Serve. His goal was to collect Planets with the most ink-dripping colors he could find. This was a true labor of love. When he put his books up for sale in one of the GA threads in 2017, there was fervent buying among us boardies. I was fortunate to land this book. The cover seems heavy with the dense saturation of inks, which might (?) indicate that this copy spun off the printing press very early in the print run. This was Soft-Serve's idea anyhow, which I find plausible given that he is an artist who just might know about these things.

45.thumb.jpg.9832678792b9aefe87a0c02c8c2af1a4.jpg

Really nice colors on that one 

Here's the last of my 2017 purchases. There were a total 17 books added to my collection in 2017, including five Rivets (#6, 7, 9, 10, 15), leaving all but one book to complete the Rivet run, and fifteen remaining to complete the whole thing.

PLANET #26

One of Doolin's early issues on the title. This cover can have a lot of color variation, and often has a lot of miswrap onto the back of the book.

I just noticed all the swirling waves behind the sacrificial podium to the left side of the cover. Just a lot of great GA craziness going on here!

26.thumb.jpg.eef76dece7c0df7ddabaadda555897dd.jpg