• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Planet Run is complete! Zolnerowich would be pleased!
2 2

187 posts in this topic

(2105/ 5th book of eight)

PLANET #20

The second of two books from 2015 Wizard World Chicago, courtesy of Bedrock City Comics. A great Zolnerowich Rivet cover.

(if the lady had been given a thought bubble, it would've read: "memo to self: next time leave my heels at home")

One great thing about posting all of these books is the opportunity to have another close look at the covers -- I just noticed that the gator is really more like a gator-dactyl (that's gator crossed with a pterodactyl), and I just noticed that there are a few of them, including one just behind the man with the blaster.

20.thumb.jpg.2299fd4ddb32079f660fd4733583565f.jpg

Wow, what a year! #1 then #3 then #2 and then another 5 rivets! 

I love the level of detail you are sharing. I have kept track of the date and place where I have acquired each issue so far and I love reading through your journey and seeing more than just pics of the covers.  I’m getting to briefly experience it all vicariously.

Not sure any year can top your 2015 for Planets. But I’m excited to find out!

42 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Wow, what a year! #1 then #3 then #2 and then another 5 rivets! 

I love the level of detail you are sharing. I have kept track of the date and place where I have acquired each issue so far and I love reading through your journey and seeing more than just pics of the covers.  I’m getting to briefly experience it all vicariously.

Not sure any year can top your 2015 for Planets. But I’m excited to find out!

Oh, I've got at least a few more tricks up my sleeve!

As 2016 rolled along, I snagged a couple more cool issues.

PLANET #28

Nice composition, Joe Doolin!

If you look closely, there's a guy shooting his blaster, near the left edge of the cover, near the middle staple, and his aim is perfect! Check out the red alien taking it in the chest, towards the right side of the page, above the rump of the horse-thing in the foreground.

Joe was having a lot of fun with this one no doubt.

28.thumb.jpg.ea6250c7494c13fae2f168731bb22a84.jpg

PLANET #4

There was something about knowing that I now had the first 5 issues of Planet Comics made me really happy. It would take some time to land #6, 7, 9, and 10...

I love how oblivious the green baddie in the pilot seat is to what's going on above, outside the hatch.

4.thumb.jpg.d86b2aceb75daadaf02b82e2550e3c70.jpg

Great thread, Jay, and congratulations.

I remember you and I talking about you finishing this up while we were at the Baltimore Convention this year.  I am glad you were finally able to get it done.

From looking at your bar graphs (which I really like, BTW), it appears the Planet hunt became a real addiction somewhere around 2016.

Nothing like completing a run!

Great work on a great title.