• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you seen these new shipper boxes for slabs??

17 posts in this topic

They even come with an envelope like window to give you glimpse of what is inside. These boxes are very easy to obtain. Simply enter in the promo code F r a g i l e on the box and you got it!

If you are shipping a multi thousand dollar slab, the code for that is F R A G I L E but be sure to write it much larger. In addition to the window view, you will get the Hulk smash corner feature as well. Who knows, maybe two corners.

But seriously the reason I started this thread was because I could not believe this happened to a double box 1095/1092 combo. Be sure to see second pic. When I opened the first box, I thought I was going to pull out the slab but low and behold there was another box inside.

Fortunately the slab was secured in a ton of bubble wrap. (thumbsu

IMG_924198.JPG

IMG_924200.JPG

I feel bad for whoever opens my secret Santa gift, I taped and padded the carp out of it, but sometimes it's necessary to bring the arsenal....edit because it will be hard to open :foryou:

Props to whoever packed this one! ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I feel your pain.  I have had 4 boxes shipped to me from CGC so far using USPS.  No attempt was ever made to deliver to my door, knock or even leave a note.  They say they left a note but they did not.  I ask them to attempt re delivery.  They refuse.  Where can I pick up my package?  Location changes from a 6 mile drive to a 40 mile drive round trip - you guess where it is at, just visit all locations until you get lucky.  We will deliver by 8 pm... righhhttt, if you don't have it by 3 pm you can forget about it because we are all off the clock soon.  What ever happened to no matter rain sleet snow or hail blah blah?  Now I find out at Thanksgiving family dinner that my mail is constantly returned to relatives for years.  I been at the same dump 17 years.  What is interesting is that all of my BILLS and advertising trash are delivered without a hitch.  Why not call up the local post office and find out status?  It's fully automated with useless push button menus controlled by one location nationally...

Interesting story...  Back in the 1990's California passed a LAW that the phone at post office must be answered within 3 rings by a human... well I called and it rang and rang so I jumped in my porsche at the time (black 928 hah) and I raced to the post office, waited in line, and at the desk asked "Hey do you hear that phone ringing?  That is me on the other end!"  That is going postal for you!

It is time for the government fed USPS to go the way of the dodo, well past it actually...

I don't do much shopping online, or much shopping period, but you can be sure that porch pirates and poor delivery service will continue that trend.

8 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Interesting story...  Back in the 1990's California passed a LAW that the phone at post office must be answered within 3 rings by a human... well I called and it rang and rang so I jumped in my porsche at the time (black 928 hah) and I raced to the post office, waited in line, and at the desk asked "Hey do you hear that phone ringing?  That is me on the other end!"  That is going postal for you!

It is time for the government fed USPS to go the way of the dodo, well past it actually...

I don't do much shopping online, or much shopping period, but you can be sure that porch pirates and poor delivery service will continue that trend.

Not so much...

I love all of the unnecessary details to this story, like, "jumped in my porsche" (FYI: Porsche is a noun).

USPS isn't going anywhere.

not in any way trying to make excuses for these pathetic souls, but the thickness of the priority mail boxes is similar to that of tissue paper. they sell a real box at the post office, that's brown, and actually decent cardboard. nowhere near as thick as the boxes fedex tries to get you to buy, but still much thicker than these pieces of garbage. i've actually shipped books in a medium fedex box that then goes inside this garbage priority mail fiasco. 

totally agree with karl that it's time to let the post office die off. 

14 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

I feel your pain.  I have had 4 boxes shipped to me from CGC so far using USPS.  No attempt was ever made to deliver to my door, knock or even leave a note.  They say they left a note but they did not.  I ask them to attempt re delivery.  They refuse.  Where can I pick up my package?  Location changes from a 6 mile drive to a 40 mile drive round trip - you guess where it is at, just visit all locations until you get lucky.  We will deliver by 8 pm... righhhttt, if you don't have it by 3 pm you can forget about it because we are all off the clock soon.  What ever happened to no matter rain sleet snow or hail blah blah?  Now I find out at Thanksgiving family dinner that my mail is constantly returned to relatives for years.  I been at the same dump 17 years.  What is interesting is that all of my BILLS and advertising trash are delivered without a hitch.  Why not call up the local post office and find out status?  It's fully automated with useless push button menus controlled by one location nationally...

coolstoryexpert.gif