• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the first 2 Sid's COA's

24 posts in this topic

You know Harry, if the owners agreed, it would be cool to create a list of the books along with the names of which board members purchased them. When it's applicable, of course.

Red

Yes, 1984 is clearly here.

ah, Bob - i was almost afraid to open this, but see it's directed at Red's suggestion and not the overall concept.................for now............ grin.gif

Thats a great COA - would you believe I hadda fight with a dealer to get a Northland COA a year or so ago - he misplaced it because he thought the CGC designation supplanted it. 893naughty-thumb.gifforeheadslap.giffrustrated.gifscrewy.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif might have to pick one of those up - Harry are there and Bats from 171 up??

I was kinda' hoping the reference wasn't something as lame as that.

I'm talking about for fun! And totally voluntary....as my post made quite clear.

Nope, it's the idea that people need to know who owns something.

I have never wanted people to know what I had or how many of a book I owned. Did you sell that book Bob? What did you get for it? How much did you pay? Who did you buy it from? And no, these weren't questions when I was a dealer, these were questions when I collected.

I don't know, I was raised where it was impolite to ask how much you paid for something. Quite frankly it's none of their business. If I bought some of the Sid Luncheonette collection I would be absolutely furious if the seller put me in this list of who bought the books and I'm sure it will list for how much. I don't need some person I don't know emailing me if I want to sell the book.

I don't need some person I don't know emailing me if I want to sell the book.

Egads!!!...isn't the first step to doing business to network with people...gawd...what's the big freakin' deal... foreheadslap.gif

I don't need some person I don't know emailing me if I want to sell the book.

Egads!!!...isn't the first step to doing business to network with people...gawd...what's the big freakin' deal... foreheadslap.gif

No kidding, especially given the fact that he is a dealer and probably takes emails from "people he doesn't know" every day of the week. I don't get that mentality at all. confused-smiley-013.gif

Nope, it's the idea that people need to know who owns something.

I have never wanted people to know what I had or how many of a book I owned. Did you sell that book Bob? What did you get for it? How much did you pay? Who did you buy it from? And no, these weren't questions when I was a dealer, these were questions when I collected.

I don't know, I was raised where it was impolite to ask how much you paid for something. Quite frankly it's none of their business. If I bought some of the Sid Luncheonette collection I would be absolutely furious if the seller put me in this list of who bought the books and I'm sure it will list for how much. I don't need some person I don't know emailing me if I want to sell the book.

So does that mean we can put you down for a NO Bob?..

You do not want to be on the list?

To be sure.. you think it is lame, impolite, and none of our beeswax who bought what books?

Yikes Bob... a wee bit kneejerk there me bucko..lighten up bro.

Harry is an original collection owner, and if folks care to let him know his books have a new home.. what is the big deal?

Does not really matter though, since he was not the one who brought it up.

But I will start anyway.....

Hello, my name is Kenny ..

( isnt this when everyone is supposed to now say "Hi Kenny hi.gif"?)

Yes, I bought a Burntboy book.

Atom #9 CGC 8.5

There , I said it...Man I feel better now that I got that off my chest.!

Anybody else wanna share their deep dark hidden Sids Burntboy Secrets(SBS)

Or am I the only one afflicted with this rare disorder?

Ze-

Oh chit.. my inbox is now filling up with Email asking me about my book.

It's the "Doug Thing". Bob just can't take it when Doug is involved in anything that generates some positive buzz.

Read my post Bob. I was talking about a list of board members who voluntarily added their name to a list. No one's forced to reveal anything. It's for FUN!

Bob. It's for fun.

fun.

you know....fun?

Here, maybe this will help. You've obviously got something stuck up there......

floss.jpg

Bob, while I understand your concern, I doubt you'd be bombarded with emails. I've posted pics of most of my good stuff on the boards, ranging from Schomburg Nedors to GA Supes and Actions to SA Lois Lanes to BA Adams books. Maybe twice I've received PMs from people saying "hey, if you ever want to sell, let me know", but that's it.

And, as Red said, it would be voluntary and just for fun.

I've posted pics of most of my ... Schomburg Nedors to GA Supes and Actions to SA Lois Lanes... Maybe twice I've received PMs from people saying "hey, if you ever want to sell, let me know", but that's it.

Yes, but perhaps that`s because your books are Schomburg Nedors, GA Supes and Actions and SA Lois Lanes. poke2.gif

Seriously, if it`s voluntary on the part of the buyer, I don`t know what the big deal would be. If the buyer did NOT wish to disclose his identity, I would hope that Doug would not even let Harry know who the buyer was. Harry, I assume the forumite who purchased the 2 books above contacted you to let you know?