• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double back cover

48 posts in this topic

Just picked up a copy of ASM 78 but what I noticed is it has an extra back cover from a DC book? How does that happen? Would CGC note double back cover on label? Just wondering. 

Sorry for the crummy photos. They are from the seller.. I should have the book in my hands this week. 

asm78f.thumb.jpg.86d2107398d4fed8ad6af6be0894b0fb.jpg

asm78.thumb.jpg.1651441c0c9fb49bf26282695eaa309e.jpg

asm78b.thumb.jpg.f1b5536382de324000595b33fcc46ca1.jpg

Edited by Ovrclck
Added 1st page

2 minutes ago, kav said:

can someone explain this to me how can you have 2 back covers one front cover?

And how can the 2 back covers be totally different? And which one is normal for the comic?

2 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the first book pictured above an ASM #93? hm

Yes. The first image in the thread is ASM 93's splash. The second comparative image is ASM 78. So I'm confused. A book can't have two backs and one front.  Can we see a picture of the front cover of the book you've bought @Ovrclck

19 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes. The first image in the thread is ASM 93's splash. The second comparative image is ASM 78. So I'm confused. A book can't have two backs and one front.  Can we see a picture of the front cover of the book you've bought @Ovrclck

18 minutes ago, kav said:

I need way more info and pics

I'll update the thread once the book gets in my hands. Sorry for the confusion guys! Just super stoked. 

This thread is a little confusing.  All of the listings on Ebay for #93 that shows the interior of the book shows the exact same ads as in the first post including the Norman Rockwell ad.  

I just check my two copies and the interior is the same as what is shown in the first post.  

Edited by Fiddy

31 minutes ago, Fiddy said:

This thread is a little confusing.  All of the listings on Ebay for #93 that shows the interior of the book shows the exact same ads as in the first post including the Norman Rockwell ad.  

I just check my two copies and the interior is the same as what is shown in the first post.  

And the Sizzler back cover right?

I predict massive disappointment for Ovrclck in the near future when he receives the normal copy of ASM 93 that's in all the pictures rather than the ASM 78 error he thought he bought.

Also, I wonder what makes that back cover "from a DC book" and how an average issue could possibly have a "double back cover" (which obviously implies that it's not just a regular double cover).