• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RJ's done it again...

10 posts in this topic

I liked this line from the web page.....

Are these certified comics?

Yes. Comics are certified by RJ . Thousands of RJ's comics comics have been certified by CGC and CGG ( now PGX) and nearly all were returned with anticipated grades. Comics not reaching anticipated grades provided a learning experience for RJ such that he feels he can now pro-grade ultra-grade comics.

Sounds like your typical board member! I like his attitude! 27_laughing.gif

I've always gotten a kick out of RJ's site and eBay listings, ever since you lovely folks made me aware of his presence. With all the 'freezing', and 'time capsule' action going on, I have to wonder if he's got his own cryogenic container waiting in the wings. I mean, someone has to be around to comment on the state of comic collecting in 2525...right? insane.gif

$10 says he sleeps in one of those patented 'Jackson Express Oxygen Chambers' at night too!

To me, the 'capsule' he's using in those photos looks like a plain-old toploader, with a label stuck to the top. foreheadslap.gif I'm sure these will be priced very aggresively as well! 27_laughing.gif

so lemme see, he takes 80s and 90s overstock books that are available in vast quantities in NM for $1-$2 or less each and sticks them in a vinyl case. how much is he selling these gems for?

Funny part is that he says:

This meant that leaving comics in an unheated warehouse in a Michigan climate would be better than storing them inside at 70 degree temps. The average temp in our situation is 20 degrees F. It varies greatly like any climate, however our storage in summer temps is always 10-20 degrees colder than outside temps. If summer temps begin to climb we often move items to air conditioned environment.

In other words, the comics are not really frozen like he claims, but rather just sit in a warehouse in Michigan, which happens to be pretty cold all the time. What scares me is the "it varies greatly like any climate". Aren't big changes in temprature supposed to be bad for comics? isn't it better to keep them in pretty constant temperature? Or does it not really matter?