• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM my Avengers 4

16 posts in this topic

has it been restored.....in the last picture, on the bottom of The cover it looks like there is Black bleeding through where someone might of color touched it?

could be completely wrong, It may just be the pictures.

But I have a couple book with similar defects where someone color touched a few small color breaks on the spine that bleed through and looks similar to this...

On 12/17/2018 at 8:18 AM, TwoPiece said:

ASM = Amazing Spider-Man, right..?

With poor lighting, I'm guessing it's a 3.0.

DUH! Force of habit...or maybe old age.:preach:

On 12/18/2018 at 9:05 PM, billbrown7080 said:

has it been restored.....in the last picture, on the bottom of The cover it looks like there is Black bleeding through where someone might of color touched it?

could be completely wrong, It may just be the pictures.

But I have a couple book with similar defects where someone color touched a few small color breaks on the spine that bleed through and looks similar to this...

I believe that you are correct, sir. I didn’t notice the bleed through until you mentioned it but I never looked for it because there’s a spine split about halfway to the staple. My suspicions have always been focused on the ridiculously sharp edges. Whatever the case, it doesn’t bother me.

I picked it up in a short box collection I bought about a year ago that included mostly key issues. This one was the biggest and I was thrilled to get it since the beater copy I had as a kid went missing with most of my childhood collection about 45 years ago.

Edited by JohnH19

3 hours ago, JohnH19 said:

I believe that you are correct, sir. I didn’t notice the bleed through until you mentioned it but I never looked for it because there’s a spine split about halfway to the staple. My suspicions have always been focused on the ridiculously sharp edges. Whatever the case, it doesn’t bother me.

I picked it up in a short box collection I bought about a year ago that included mostly key issues. This one was the biggest and I was thrilled to get it since the beater copy I had as a kid went missing with most of my childhood collection about 45 uears ago.

as I said I've got some like it too...I Inherited my collection...about 175 Boxes....Over 99% of the collection hasnt been restored...

but I did find some comics(probably around 50 total) where it looks like someone used markers to color touch small color breaks on the spine...in most of the books I found like this, They were only tiny color breaks, But I do have a few where they used a lot of Marker and It bleed through similar to yours...

like you they dont bother me much, My collection is Personal and I love them even with The color touch...

I was in no way trying to put your book down by asking if it was restored...Its a great book(Better than Mine in fact)...I just wasnt sure if It was the pictures or if it had been restored, thats the only reason I mentioned it...

as for a grade...I have no clue...I've never known how to grade comics with that kinda of Color touch...I hope some people on here gives you some grades and could tell us how much that kind of color touch effects the grade...