• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF#51?

9 posts in this topic

Nope, sorry not a picture or purchase of the book, but a question.

I'm not a die-hard reader of fantastic four so I haven't read all the issues...just a few keys and the more modern stuff.

Anyway, just read the classic "This Man, This Monster" in FF#51 and was wondering about the villain of the book who gains the Thing's powers and then gets stranded in a Sub-Space dimension. He supposedly is left to perish in sub-space.....but did Marvel ever do a follow up to this story? It looks like a story that is ripe for updating. You don't actually see the guy die and in the world of comics being in another dimension is as much a starting point as ending. So, anyone able to shed a bit of light on the story for me?

As far as i know ,they have never followed up on that story!!! Then again it's a classic by itself ,Nuff said!!!

I don't disagree with you about the classic part, but since when has that stopped a comics company from bringing a character back(from the supposed dead). If you're not reading modern books...just take a peek at the modern forum to see who & how some "classic" characters are coming back. makepoint.gif

did Marvel ever do a follow up to this story?

Only in a *very* loose sense...

The unnamed scientist in the story is revealed to have a brother, and he uses a duplicate version of the "power-transfer" machine in FF #51 to absorb the power of the Hulk. Unfortunately, the power gets transfered to Spider-Man instead. You can read the whole sordid affair in these 2 issues:

94711729058.69.gif94711729058.70.gif

Thanks for the info bradley, Web of Spidey wasn't all that great around that time and I had stopped reading it after the "wonderful" Spidey Armor(#50?). Maybe issues #69 & #70 were better and added a worthy follow up to FF#51....although it doesn't sound like it at first glance. I'll probably look for those books in the bargin bin at the LCS. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif