• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would You Donate to Help a Failing Business?
2 2

52 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, oakman29 said:
14 minutes ago, kav said:

Bee-NGO!!!

Bees killed= 325.00

Honey removal= 1200.00+

Materials used= 150.00

^^

There was a bee in my back yard today, I didn't swat or kill him, I try to be nice to bee's because we need them...

Anyway, I get up to go inside and the bee is resting on the door knob so I had to swat at him... doh!

:busy:"I will not be ignored!"

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, oakman29 said:

I don't think you want the honey after I get done with it.

Well of course I wouldnt want it but them stoned hippies!

You can wave crystals over it and *spoon*

It looks like the GoFundMe has died. They're at $6.5k, and I highly doubt they're reaching that $50k goal. If they had offered something like a "Save Our Store -- $100 worth of back issue comics for $50" voucher, I suspect they'd get a lot more love.

17 hours ago, RCheli said:

It looks like the GoFundMe has died. They're at $6.5k, and I highly doubt they're reaching that $50k goal. If they had offered something like a "Save Our Store -- $100 worth of back issue comics for $50" voucher, I suspect they'd get a lot more love.

This would indeed be the smart move. It may not save the store, but he'll end up with some money and fewer longboxes to deal with when it fails.

My sister-in-law did a GoFundMe.  She is a super lazy individual but wanted some quick cash for a deposit on a new car and to pay her dues for a professional organization.  She advertised that was what the GoFundMe was for and she far exceeded her goal.  I donated nothing and felt great about it but her campaign really showed me there are lots of stupid people out their with more money than brains.

On 12/27/2018 at 3:40 PM, batman_fan said:

My sister-in-law did a GoFundMe.  She is a super lazy individual but wanted some quick cash for a deposit on a new car and to pay her dues for a professional organization.  She advertised that was what the GoFundMe was for and she far exceeded her goal.  I donated nothing and felt great about it but her campaign really showed me there are lots of stupid people out their with more money than brains.

Amen to that one.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:59 PM, oakman29 said:

Bees are VERY profitable.:banana:

For some reason, this made me think of Homer Simpson talking about the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark they shoot bees at you. 

I don’t know why, but it made me smile. 

To the topic at hand:

As much as I’d love to have my first LCS back, unless there’s some non- business  related reason for their difficulties (and according to Foolkiller, that might be partially the case) I would be disinclined to contribute to a charity for a business. 

I’d be much more open to making purchases to support a store, especially if they were running some kind of special as suggested.