• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,304 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2024 at 6:53 PM, sagii said:

Ah, yes I see. Don't know why I thought it was last night, lol

Purely a spectator on it , but when I saw a low grade copy on Clink (last week) do gangbusters , can't wait to see where this one ends 

It looks like it ended at $32K plus the15% buyer's premium, which would put the final hammer price at $36,800.

I'm not surprised it went that high considering the hype, but I don't believe it's as rare as some people think. I think there's been some hoarding of that issue. The 9.0 may well be the nicest existing copy.

I picked up one Catman tonight, but it was one of the less expensive ones.

I kind of wanted to go after the Double Comics #1941, but I decided it was a bit too much of a niche book—the type of book that might go really cheap if the right bidders didn't show up on a particular night. Even though I buy books to keep, I'm kind of risk averse because I know that I could be in a position some day where I'll have to sell (if I desperately need some experimental medical procedure, etc.).

The Windy City Daring Mystery was the nicest book in the auction by my reckoning, but I knew that one would be out of my range (and it was even farther out of my range than I expected).

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 10/3/2024 at 12:25 AM, Telegan said:

What do you Bat/Tec-people think about this?

image.thumb.png.3612616bb4f9acae15ceb8094aa6c886.png

I think I’m going to need a bigger bank account if I ever want to finish my pre bat Tec run. This copy presented well and shows that entry level books of classic high demand books are hotter than a pistol.   Curious what the all the early Tecs finished at as once again the Sandman ruined any chance for me to stay up past midnight?  Although I have no doubt the results will be record highs in all grades. 

On 10/3/2024 at 3:26 AM, Gotham Kid said:

this low result surprised me somewhat

7.0 sp, no ct or pcs added to cvr

image.thumb.png.e35047b1c8909a751e3393663f3976ca.png

I seriously considered this one.  Seemed pretty decent given how little was done to the book plus the registration while not perfect was pretty decent.

On 10/3/2024 at 6:24 AM, ThothAmon said:

I think I’m going to need a bigger bank account if I ever want to finish my pre bat Tec run. This copy presented well and shows that entry level books of classic high demand books are hotter than a pistol.   Curious what the all the early Tecs finished at as once again the Sandman ruined any chance for me to stay up past midnight?  Although I have no doubt the results will be record highs in all grades. 

Crazy money :ohnoez:

On 10/3/2024 at 1:24 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

It looks like it ended at $32K plus the15% buyer's premium, which would put the final hammer price at $36,800.

I'm not surprised it went that high considering the hype, but I don't believe it's as rare as some people think. I think there's been some hoarding of that issue. The 9.0 may well be the nicest existing copy.

I picked up one Catman tonight, but it was one of the less expensive ones.

I kind of wanted to go after the Double Comics #1941, but I decided it was a bit too much of a niche book—the type of book that might go really cheap if the right bidders didn't show up on a particular night. Even though I buy books to keep, I'm kind of risk averse because I know that I could be in a position some day where I'll have to sell (if I desperately need some experimental medical procedure, etc.).

The Windy City Daring Mystery was the nicest book in the auction by my reckoning, but I knew that one would be out of my range (and it was even farther out of my range than I expected).

Wow,  what a finish! 

Hope you're right on the hoarding of Catman 15, wouldn't mind snagging one down the road.

On 10/3/2024 at 6:37 AM, Mr bla bla said:

Geesh, 336.500 + 15% is almost sniffing 400K. I thought people talked about the market being in post-covid crisis mode? 

The Book finished I think at 292k and after the 15% it was 336k so you are looking at the total.

On 10/3/2024 at 7:46 AM, Mr bla bla said:

That makes a whole lot of better sense. 👍

When you buy a book at 336k plus tax if you don't live in a Tax-free state, you are not too far off 400k when it comes to Action 1 Detective 27 you get it while you can.

I say the days of completing a Detective or Action run are over for the people who just love Comics for collecting.

Comics are now bought for investment for deep pocket people not for enjoyment like most of us IMO. :facepalm:

Edited by woowoo

On 10/3/2024 at 12:52 AM, Primetime said:

Not the #3. Still very soft to it’s prior price points. 

Yeah, lots of copies seem to be available but usually with defects. Not sure if it’s the grade because a 6.5, for whatever reason, has always been the least desirable for me personally. 

On 10/3/2024 at 11:10 PM, woowoo said:
On 10/3/2024 at 10:46 PM, Mr bla bla said:

That makes a whole lot of better sense. 👍

When you buy a book at 336k plus tax if you don't live in a tax-free area than 400k is not that much more when it comes to Action 1 Detective 27 you get it while you can.

What state charges a 21% sales tax?

On 10/2/2024 at 10:25 PM, Telegan said:

What do you Bat/Tec-people think about this?

image.thumb.png.3612616bb4f9acae15ceb8094aa6c886.png

My take, one of the coolest GA covers.  Definitely Iconic.  Very rarely comes up for sell.  Seems collectors/speculators are taking the approach “this may be my only chance to get a copy”.  The census shows 37 copies graded with more than 1/2 restored. 

IMG_1181.jpeg