• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, lou_fine said:
6 hours ago, woowoo said:

Tell lou_fine to buy me a beer and I will not out bid him :cry:

Was that you that just made me had to raised my bid again?  (tsk)  :slapfight:

Well, all I can say is that this means definitely no beer for you anymore.  >:(

The way some of these are going up, you would think the 3-minute bell has already gone off and we are into the extended bidding time period already.  :frustrated:

1 minute ago, woowoo said:
21 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Was that you that just made me had to raised my bid again?  (tsk)  :slapfight:

No. I am to drunk to bid with my 1 finger Warrior :martini:

Maybe you are too drunk to realize that you just hit the bid button 3 times in the past 3 minutes.  :baiting:

Enjoy your :martini:

Just now, lou_fine said:

Maybe you are too drunk to realize that you just hit the bid button 3 times in the past 3 minutes.  :baiting:

Enjoy your :martini:

Nope watching Naked and Afraid XL and Drinking. The only books I want is More funs 20 to 51 hm That's this week's thing (shrug) This CC Auction is to long I wont start looking till Tomorrow. Who you think I an that Lou_fine guy:download:

On 6/4/2019 at 4:49 PM, lou_fine said:

Is it just me or is everybody else also not receiving the ComicConnect auction links to all of their individual lots that they normally send out on a daily basis about 10 days before the close of their Event Auctions?  ???

Well, it is the actual day of the auction and still absolutely zippo from CC in terms of any communications at all about this Event Auction of theirs.  :whatthe:

If I had any books consigned to this auction, I would certainly not be very please about their communications and lack of promotion of this particular go round.  >:(

Of course, good for any potential bidders like me as it might just hopefully mean less competition.  :bigsmile:

Edited by lou_fine

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it is the actual day of the auction and still absolutely zippo from CC in terms of any communications at all about this Event Auction of theirs.  :whatthe:

If I had any books consigned to this auction, I would certainly not be very please about their communications and lack of promotion of this particular go round.  >:(

Of course, good for any potential bidders like me as it might just hopefully mean less competition.  :bigsmile:

You Ready. I got all made up for our date tonight (thumbsufinger.jpg.61063c5d76bb3547416da8a7127e7844.jpg :whistle:

7 minutes ago, woowoo said:

You Ready. I got all made up for our date tonight (thumbsu

I thought you would have a hangover from all of your  :martini:and be in no condition to do any bidding today.

12 hours ago, woowoo said:

The only books I want is More funs 20 to 51 hm 

I believe this coming Thursday is your day and I think your are going to have to pay big time  :slapfight: :slapfight: for that copy of More Fun 34.  lol

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

I thought you would have a hangover from all of your  :martini:and be in no condition to do any bidding today.

I believe this coming Thursday is your day and I think your are going to have to pay big time  :slapfight: :slapfight: for that copy of More Fun 34.  lol

:whatthe: you mind reader :makepoint:

50 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

My catalogue either came Saturday or this morning 

17 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like the AF 15 is still "stuck" there at $455K.

Wonder if there's going to be any more deep pocket buyers willing to dig a little bit deeper into their jeans?  hm

I guess we'll find out in a scant couple of hours from now.  :taptaptap:

What is that, 1.25 x Guide? I don’t normally track this book. Would it get a greater guide ratio at lower, more affordable grades?

6 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
26 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like the AF 15 is still "stuck" there at $455K.

Wonder if there's going to be any more deep pocket buyers willing to dig a little bit deeper into their jeans?  hm

I guess we'll find out in a scant couple of hours from now.  :taptaptap:

What is that, 1.25 x Guide? I don’t normally track this book. Would it get a greater guide ratio at lower, more affordable grades?

It's about 21% above top of guide (i.e. CGC 9.2 NM-) right now, but of course it could possibly go higher at the end in the extended bidding session.  :gossip:

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

wouldn't all the outbid emails be a good indicator?
but now that you mention it, I didn't get any emails auctions end hm

Just now, AnkurJ said:

I was out bid on the Larson Action 36. Glad I didn’t buy it raw when it was offerred earlier this year. 

why?

3 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Thoughts on the Action 1 hammer at 220k ?

the 8.5 3 side trimeed was about 260? so that's about right I suspect

7 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

the 8.5 3 side trimeed was about 260? so that's about right I suspect

Thanks for the insight and the correction. Me peepers ain’t what they used to be. 👀 

Edited by Chicago Boy