• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Literal 1st published McFarlane page up on eBay

15 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Asking price? $75,000.:popcorn:

LOL. Nice attempt (by whoever) but that's not the way it works. Anybody -except a total newb billionaire- knows that. This is probably more like...$75.00 (yes, that's dropping two zeroes off) :)

EDIT: err OOPS make that three zeroes lol

Edited by vodou
bad math!

7 minutes ago, vodou said:

LOL. Nice attempt (by whoever) but that's not the way it works. Anybody -except a total newb billionaire- knows that. This is probably more like...$75.00 (yes, that's dropping two zeroes off) :)

EDIT: err OOPS make that three zeroes lol

Eh. I think $750 is fair. You’re paying for the “Introduce Todd McFarlane,” really. 

$750 gives you that bragging right but it also means you will die with the piece. I'm thinking more along the lines of owning for a little while, getting bored pretty quick, and flipping it back out for $150-$250 in a few years. That works. There is no number higher than $750.01 that gets you out of this with more money in your hand than you started with.

3 minutes ago, vodou said:

$750 gives you that bragging right but it also means you will die with the piece. I'm thinking more along the lines of owning for a little while, getting bored pretty quick, and flipping it back out for $150-$250 in a few years. That works. There is no number higher than $750.01 that gets you out of this with more money in your hand than you started with.

I agree for the most part.  It might go for more than $250, but no way it's worth anywhere near $750.

Malvin

11 minutes ago, Mayor006 said:

It's not a Todd McFarlane piece, it's just a stat that is "introducing" (not even good English!) Todd McFarlane who has work in the next book.

Hilarious. I didn't even care enough to fact check the puffery lol 

This is a Z E R O.

:roflmao: 

11 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Huh? That art is by McFarlane. 

You are right, I totally failed to look it over. There's just nothing about it that screams McFarlane because he hadn't developed his style that we are all so used to.  Just because it's his first doesn't mean it's worth anything.  Same thing with Dave Stevens on Ebay....somebody has a couple of pieces he did from when he was young up for auction and has for a long time, just nobody buying them.  

48 minutes ago, aokartman said:

Just send it to an auction house.  David

Seller has set the ceiling at $75k but the Best Offer feature is the tell...he's fishing for offers. We've all seen this before too.

Edited by vodou
clarity