• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor # 165

11 posts in this topic

I won this book and don't have it in hand yet. Thoughts on grade? I have bought a few books from him before and usually they come back one grade lower. So I will go with a 9.2.
As soon I receive it I will send off to grade with CGC. Will take more pics once received.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-MIGHTY-THOR-165-NM-9-4-1ST-HIM-1st-FULL-APP-ADAM-WARLOCK-NOT-CGC-99/362511180466?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

A few observations: 1) It's surprising to me this book isn't certified already. 

2) It's nice to see the seller has 100% feedback and offers a "no-hassle" return policy.

3) Restoration is always a concern when purchasing raw vintage books with dark covers.

4) Keep a very clear record of this transaction in case you want to return this book. 

5) I don't mind taking a chance once in awhile, but this is a pretty big leap of faith. I hope it all works out for you...:wishluck:

12 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

how do you view pics of the comic...when I click on the link ...it says the action is over and you cant see any pics?

Click on the picture and it will take you to the listing to view the pictures.

6 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

A few observations: 1) It's surprising to me this book isn't certified already. 

2) It's nice to see the seller has 100% feedback and offers a "no-hassle" return policy.

3) Restoration is always a concern when purchasing raw vintage books with dark covers.

4) Keep a very clear record of this transaction in case you want to return this book. 

5) I don't mind taking a chance once in awhile, but this is a pretty big leap of faith. I hope it all works out for you...:wishluck:

1) I agree

2) I have bought a few books from him in the past, and haven't regretted it "yet".

3) Yes, that is what concerns me.

4) I always do.

5) Sometimes it works out sometimes it don't, I feel fine with the price as of now.

14 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

I dunno.  Something going on at the spine LLHC ?

I know, I see it.

3 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

I did...It says bidding has ended...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong(shrug)

There is a button that probably says in English "see original item" that will take you to the bidding post