• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Grade this Avengers 1, copy B

11 posts in this topic

Not mine but I told someone I would solicit the boards opinions on two Avengers 1 and the Avengers 4. I would appreciate the help on what grade this looks like as is.

copy B we shall call this one. Again some staple issues and chipping. Terrible spine damage as well. Thoughts?

Dw6K-q7XgAAYE_P.jpgDw6K-q3WwAEhU30.jpgDw6K-q6WoAAyvnE.jpg

Bird, this is a book that was obviously restored with CT, then had amateur 'unrestore' with the CT scraped off  while leaving the ink bleed inside. Because of the ink bleed, it is still restored. This book looks terrible. I hope your friend didn't do the amateyr work.

Just now, Bomber-Bob said:

Bird, this is a book that was obviously restored with CT, then had amateur 'unrestore' with the CT scraped off  while leaving the ink bleed inside. Because of the ink bleed, it is still restored. This book looks terrible. I hope your friend didn't do the amateyr work.

Wow, once you say it it seems obvious. No he bought them himself. I am considering buying them but you nailed it on this one I think!

17 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

great eye Sherlock !!!!

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I'm in awe...:golfclap:

The rest of the book looks pretty solid. If one could buy REALLY LOW-like REALLY REALLY LOW-it'd be a decent candidate to have the spine patched and filled by a pro.  

I know what I just said is akin to online self immolation to some, which I get on some levels.  Just an opinion.

You can’t go back in time and the book is what it is at this point I doubt that I’ll be buying it but you’re right if the price is very low I might  considerate but I highly doubt that 

Edited by Bird

1 minute ago, Bird said:

You can’t go back in time and the book is what it is at this point I doubt that I’ll be buying it but you’re right if the price is very low I might  considerate but I highly doubt that 

It just all depends on where you fall on the scale of restoration.  For collectors that don't mind PROFESSIONAL restoration, buying that book-which in addition looks like it might have pretty nice PQ-for peanuts, then dumping a grand and a half or so on it to have the spine rebuilt and touched might not be the worst option. Particularly if the rest of the book is as solid in hand as it would appear to be.  

It would just all depend on the price of the book.  More than a few hundred bucks=no dice.