• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ginger 4 is the new Archie 50
3 3

134 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I think it's going to be catching up.  Demand seems to be way higher than supply.  Although I still can't figure out how Rick got that 7.5 for $3720

I think I know why. The sale just prior was for an 8.0 on HA. It wasn’t accurately graded as it was rough in some areas and had owner writing on it. It wasn’t a pretty 8.0 and it tipped the GPA. I think that helped the genuinely lucky @Ricksneatstuff snag that deal. 

Edited by Junkdrawer

11 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

I think I know why. The sale just prior was forcan 8.0 on HA. It wasn’t accurately graded as it was rough in some areas and had owner writing on it. It wasn’t a pretty 8.0 and it tipped the GPA. I think that helped the genuinely lucky @Ricksneatstuff snag that deal. 

Also, the PQ was LT-OW which maybe kept the price down, but man..... that cover was amazing.  If I would have seen it I would have been bidding.

7 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I think it's going to be catching up.  Demand seems to be way higher than supply.  Although I still can't figure out how Rick got that 7.5 for $3720

I agree. That particular copy of the book hasn’t gotten the respect it deserves.  Maybe the tan pages scared people off . . .

On 1/21/2019 at 5:09 PM, AJD said:

Archie 14 was the unknown one until mine turned up. And, yes, that seller had quite a few Archies that don't surface much. I also got this, which has what I'm pretty sure is an Australian only cover.

large.2138975917_ArchiesRivalReggie31.jpg.d9feb306f1c36959d3fbc44bf38995d2.jpg

A couple of Australian Reggies went cheap on CLink last Friday.  I nabbed the 19 (other guys' 5.0 OW-W) for a tracking bid of only $16. I imagine the consignor regrets bothering to get it graded. 

17-1f97d0c-004.jpg

20 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I had the Mile High Junie Prom and sold it to a great boardie here and have been reminding him I want it back ever since. 

Ive sold several very nice raw Ginger 1s and 4s here that everyone should be very happy about now too :foryou:

Between all the above books that have been discussed and Archie 50 my personal pick would be Ginger 4 because I like redheads the best (even though I do believe Archie 50 will always have the most interest) but a really undervalued great cheesecake Cover is this one. 

Never have seen that one before.  Great cover.

19 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

I think I know why. The sale just prior was for an 8.0 on HA. It wasn’t accurately graded as it was rough in some areas and had owner writing on it. It wasn’t a pretty 8.0 and it tipped the GPA. I think that helped the genuinely lucky @Ricksneatstuff snag that deal. 

BEBB4266-3802-4B1D-AF37-8D75437180D3.png

4 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Yours is much more attractive.  I wonder if all the white marks on the other photo are just reflections?  If so, they should have taken more care with the photo.

Yep, so had to distinguish what’s glare, what’s scuff and what’s on the book itself. Shame on HA for such an untelling scan. It’s another factor no doubt that killed GPA

15 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Another great Cheesecake cover.  I sold this one last year, but I actually found a better one that's coming back to me 9.0.

P1140175.JPG

I've got the other 8.5 -- apparently no longer tied for highest graded!

2 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Score!!

What else did you win? 
I was lurking on a lot of these but when I lost the book I really wanted, I gave up on everything because I could no longer justify the shipping. 

That was the only Archie that I won. Bid on most of the others, but they went higher than I was willing to go.

16 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I had the Mile High Junie Prom and sold it to a great boardie here and have been reminding him I want it back ever since. 

Ive sold several very nice raw Ginger 1s and 4s here that everyone should be very happy about now too :foryou:

Between all the above books that have been discussed and Archie 50 my personal pick would be Ginger 4 because I like redheads the best (even though I do believe Archie 50 will always have the most interest) but a really undervalued great cheesecake Cover is this one. 

481B8131-CC6D-46FC-BD91-3B2BC0C5F298.jpeg

Lucy is an underappreciated series.  The 1 is pretty easy to find (although not in high grade), but the others are pretty tough in any condition. 

This is the highest grade copy.  The other copy on the census is a 3.5.

2018-06-07-0001_zpsphxnsmrc.jpg