• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

963 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2019 at 12:04 PM, lou_fine said:
On 11/16/2019 at 10:55 AM, manetteska said:

The Suspense was my first choice, and I thought I had it. But the seller operated in an odd way and another buyer got it in a bundle purchase. 

Like I said, if it was board rules it would be mine as well.

Too bad you wasn't able to consummate the deal on the Suspense 8 as that was definitely the right call between the 2 books from my own personal point of view.  :frown:

Well, although we haven't crossed the finish line yet, it would appear that the marketplace might disagree with our personal preference for Suspense 8 over Mask 1.  (shrug)

The CGC 5.5 graded copy of Mask 1 is already approaching 5-figures at $9,600 while the CGC 7.0 of Suspense 8 is at $6,300 and the equivalent CGC 5.5 graded copy is at only a piddly $3,720 in comparison.  :takeit:

Looks like you just might have lucked into the right choice with your copy of Mask #1.  (thumbsu

On 11/18/2019 at 4:41 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, although we haven't crossed the finish line yet, it would appear that the marketplace might disagree with our personal preference for Suspense 8 over Mask 1.  (shrug)

The CGC 5.5 graded copy of Mask 1 is already approaching 5-figures at $9,600 while the CGC 7.0 of Suspense 8 is at $6,300 and the equivalent CGC 5.5 graded copy is at only a piddly $3,720 in comparison.  :takeit:

Looks like you just might have lucked into the right choice with your copy of Mask #1.  (thumbsu

I completely agree, especially with the Mask #1 Cgc 5.5 now at $12,600 with almost 2 days to go!

On 11/18/2019 at 6:41 PM, lou_fine said:

Perhaps having two copies of Suspense 8 ending very close to each other is not helping.

That being said, I am very happy with my purchase; I am a bit biased but I think it presents very well for a 2.0.

It ends up I know the buyer who purchased the Suspense 8, but I don't think I'll be able to pry it from his hands.

1 minute ago, pmpknface said:

$24,000!!!!

#2:  $11,400

Crikey!! :whatthe:

Suspense 8 7.0 went for $7,200

Suspense 11 8.5 went for $5680

Yes, I include the premiums because that's the final price.  Either way....    HOLY ****!!!! especially on the Mask #1!  I was wondering, as a comparison, Silver Streak #6 (classic cover!) at 4.5 went for $15,600.  And you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger LB Cole fan than me but that SS #6 may be a better cover.  I'm shocked.

Edited by pmpknface
More info!

On 11/16/2019 at 10:52 AM, lou_fine said:

Personally, I also feel that the fire is already burning pretty hot on the Mask books while the fire on the Suspense 8 is just starting up.  It will definitely be interesting to see what the CGC 7.0 graded copy of Suspense 8 goes for in the current Heritage Auctions.  Probably has a good chance to hit 5-figures since it's already sitting at $6,300 with another 5 days to go.  hm  :taptaptap:

Well, looks like I might have been a bit premature here as it appears somebody must have thrown a couple extra logs into the Mask fire to get it to burn twice as hot as before. Especially since the CGC 6.0 graded Ohio Copy was able to fetched $13,966 in a CC Auction this past March which was deemed to be an already extraordinary price at the time.  Looks like it's definitely not as mindblowing as this slightly lower graded non-pedigree copy going for almost double the price!!!    :whatthe:  :flipbait:

In comparison, it would appear that the fire on the Suspense 8 is still barely starting since it finished only a few bid increments higher from where it was 5 days ago.  Definitely also still a long ways away from hitting 5-figures and looks like it still needs some time to push it over that mark.  Well, either that or a new to market HG copy to hit the auction blocks.  hm :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine