• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

961 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2024 at 3:45 PM, pmpknface said:

HELLO!!!!!!!

image.thumb.png.ab77bdec243b88ab7fbb219b19588486.png

How much of a premium was it?

It's sought after PCH and LB Cole cover, so even if you have one, it's nice getting a second one.  If you don't have one at all, then why not pay a little more for the scarcer variant.

On 9/12/2024 at 5:15 PM, adamstrange said:

How much of a premium was it?

It's sought after PCH and LB Cole cover, so even if you have one, it's nice getting a second one.  If you don't have one at all, then why not pay a little more for the scarcer variant.

Well, according to the listing:

GPAnalysis records the last public sale of a CGC 6.5 at $33,350 in 2023, which was for a standard blue cover copy.

If you're in for a penny....  GO FOR BROKE! 

On 9/12/2024 at 6:14 PM, pmpknface said:

Well, according to the listing:

GPAnalysis records the last public sale of a CGC 6.5 at $33,350 in 2023, which was for a standard blue cover copy.

If you're in for a penny....  GO FOR BROKE! 

I would feel better owning this one at $38.4k than the excessively high price for that Bobby Blue copy. 

It's a 15% premium for a much scarcer book in a decent grade.

On 9/12/2024 at 7:37 PM, pmpknface said:

Oh, I also wanted to share this one because it has Cole art. If course that's not why most chase it...

image.thumb.png.f43e2701826eea763704033d313153b2.png

I could see this going higher former board member copy and what a cover :ohnoez:

On 9/14/2024 at 3:10 PM, pmpknface said:

A few interesting results today:

The Terrific #1 I thought about, had sold 2x prior both for around $1K, then it blew up!

image.thumb.png.68b5e8620215b67522235067302ecded.png

Maybe it’s just me but I think the Terrifying Tales 13 was a bargain! That’s a classic Cole cover in my book.

On 9/14/2024 at 7:59 PM, Professor K said:

I didn't like the colors on the 7.5 from today. If any book needs to have strong colors it's that one .........but your 4.0 has them and then some.

I'm with you on the colors of this book.  Bothered me from beginning to end.  I compared it to other copies and the colors on this seem muted.

On 9/14/2024 at 3:10 PM, pmpknface said:

A few interesting results today:

The Terrific #1 I thought about, had sold 2x prior both for around $1K, then it blew up!

image.thumb.png.68b5e8620215b67522235067302ecded.png

Then there's this one!  Not too long ago an 8.0 went for a few grand less!  I'm seriously thinking of pressing my 4.0 as it could easily get a better grade if done right.  

image.thumb.png.0c5810ef8efb61398709fe0cbaaa1592.png

Strong price, but I think this book has room to grow.  I think it's a top 10 Cole cover on most people's lists, and top 5 for me. A copy with good color will knock your socks off in person.

Edited by *paull*

On 9/14/2024 at 7:44 PM, Jayman said:

Maybe it’s just me but I think the Terrifying Tales 13 was a bargain! That’s a classic Cole cover in my book.

Man... that price is a surprise.  That must have just slipped through.  5.5 for a grand?  That's a very well-liked Cole cover.

On 9/16/2024 at 12:59 PM, *paull* said:

Man... that price is a surprise.  That must have just slipped through.  5.5 for a grand?  That's a very well-liked Cole cover.

This is what I have for the last few on that book around that grade (I don't have GPA, just what I take notes on):

5.0 / $1680 on HA    
5.0 on HA / $1800    
5.0 on ha / $1200 (this past weekend) 

So yes it was a bit of a bargain.  Congrats to the buyer.  It's been brought up before, I think last in the HA thread, some books on different days just do better or worse and there's no reason.  Maybe if it was Oct 13th it would have done $2500 with a Halloween bump?  (shrug)  

Terrifying Tales #13 has been on my list forever, sigh. This copy had a long crease across it and the reds were a touch soft -- neither were completely awful but for four figures I've gotta be choosy. One of these days!