• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why people hate most modern books
3 3

447 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Beige said:

....  I'd have thought you'd love a character who's main weapon was a bowel disrupter......  

Unsurprisingly, the writer of the series is British.  You'd never guess from that.

Edited by Ken Aldred

4 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

The last 15 years feels like a new golden age.

the indie stuff: corben, crumb, clowes, ware, seth, + more. 

And the smart mature mainstream titles like: 100 bullets, scalped, east of west, lazarus, southern bastards, saga, hellboy, waid-daredevil, hickman-avengers, tom king-mr miracle, snyder-batman, black hammer, allan moores lovecraft, Brubaker/ sean philips noir stuff. A sheer abundance of provocative, smart stuff being thrown around.

I agree. I think most superhero comics have lost their flare , at least for me.

Stories are terrible, and like someone said earlier in this thread. You can run through a new comic in 5 minutes or less. There's no substance to them. 

The indie, and Warren stuff scratches that itch for me. 

6 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

And the smart mature mainstream titles like: 100 bullets, scalped, east of west, lazarus, southern bastards, saga, hellboy, waid-daredevil, hickman-avengers, tom king-mr miracle, snyder-batman, black hammer, allan moores lovecraft, Brubaker/ sean philips noir stuff. A sheer abundance of provocative, smart stuff being thrown around.

Those guys right there are at the forefront. I am pretty sure once mainstream(Hollywood) starts to discover them their stuff will explode in value. A lot of their stuff have much lower print runs than the Marvel/DC stuff.

34 minutes ago, tv horror said:

So much goodness I agree totally.(thumbsu

imageproxy.jpg

Resembles my EC Library. :smile:

I have every New Trend and Picto-Fiction volume.

So much incredible artwork to be appreciated in this oversized, black-and-white format.

And, great stories are abundant.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:
7 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

Those guys right there are at the forefront. I am pretty sure once mainstream(Hollywood) starts to discover them their stuff will explode in value. A lot of their stuff have much lower print runs than the Marvel/DC stuff.

Clowes already has 2 movies and they are excellent.  

2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

The indie, and Warren stuff scratches that itch for me. 

Bees?

12 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I agree. I think most superhero comics have lost their flare

Not only that, they've also lost their flair.

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Haha! Gosh darn spell check , doesn't even spell correctly. 

flare is correct, if you're talking about human torch tho.

12 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I kinda think, I mean ....

I have my suspicions that Gabe/ uchiha is Justin. How many people are there in this world like them?

:shy:

49 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I kinda think, I mean ....

I have my suspicions that Gabe/ uchiha is Justin. How many people are there in this world like them?

:roflmao:

Screenshot 2019-02-12 at 8.21.50 PM.png