• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color OVER Grade?

22 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, adampasz said:

Color and PQ are a big deal, in part because I enjoy actually reading the comics. I think CGC focuses too much on minor issues, without assessing the book as a whole.

+1

On 2/20/2019 at 3:32 PM, tpetty said:

I typically save a scan (and date/price sold) from all auction sites of the comics that I'm interested in.  Helpful since other than Heritage, nothing is searchable long after the fact.

It's interesting how different colors are.  I presume mostly sun exposure, but some very high grade comics have terrible colors, while some low grade comics have colors that look fantastic.

I realize we live in a "slabbed" world when it comes to pricing - but do you tend to notice significant price differentials just based on color?  Would an 8.0 with fantastic colors bring a large premium over an 8.0 with poor colors.  It should, I just don't see it routinely in the ones that I pay attention to.  I would personally much rather have a 6.0 with super bright colors than an 8.0 that looks dull.

This is just a recent example that I see from perusing the latest CC auction -

Given what this little gem https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=716520 is already at, I'd say yeah there is significant price differentials just based on color.