• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant-Size X-Men #1 - get it now?
3 3

284 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

Well, from what I can see on eBay, it would take almost double the price to replace my CGC 4.5 since I bought it at the start of the year. Maybe other grades are doing something different, but I'm quite happy with the progress at my grade.

The gpa for a 4.5 has gone down from $2,037 (12 month average) to $1,988 (90 day average).  Not a relevant decrease, but there certainly hasn't been any substantial growth either.

Pre-2018 was the time to buy H181. I'm only keeping my 7.5, because i didn't spend any money on it. I don't think I'd buy a copy today.

Edited by Darkowl

11 minutes ago, Darkowl said:
13 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

Well, from what I can see on eBay, it would take almost double the price to replace my CGC 4.5 since I bought it at the start of the year. Maybe other grades are doing something different, but I'm quite happy with the progress at my grade.

The gpa for a 4.5 has gone down from $2,037 (12 month average) to $1,988 (90 day average).  Not a relevant decrease, but there certainly hasn't been any substantial growth either.

Pre-2018 was the time to buy H181. I'm only keeping my 7.5, because i didn't spend any money on it. I don't think I'd buy a copy today.

Edited 8 minutes ago by Darkowl

Are you aware he was talking about GSXM #1? and not IH 181? 

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are you aware he was talking about GSXM #1? and not IH 181? 

Nope, because we were discussing H181. Actually, we were discussing both books simultaneously, so I could see how things could get blurred. 

Edited by Darkowl

6 hours ago, Darkowl said:

Nope, because we were discussing H181. Actually, we were discussing both books simultaneously, so I could see how things could get blurred. 

Well, I know that prices on these books can't keep rising indefinitely; they have to top out eventually. IMHO, I think a (sorely needed) new X-Men team, produced by Disney with good CGI, would really do wonders for the value of GS X-Men 1. I'll be very interested to see what happens on eBay when Disney announces that a new X-Men movie is in the works.