• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

Actually I guess I was worried about this from the start just based upon the number of characters in the group.  Think about the setup leading to the Avengers--we had Hulk, Iron Man, Cap, and Thor movies, then here come the Avengers.  And there are only six of them, whereas there are ten Eternals--there's NO way to cover that many characters in much of a satisfying way.  Then there's the multitude of Celestials and their highly complex goals.

Man, I hope they focus on the Celestials.  :wishluck:  But I realize if they do that most people will probably hate the film and be bored, so I'm also aware that's something they can't do.  :blush:  But screw everybody else, I hope they did it.  :sumo:  There's just not enough time to get fans hooked on ten Eternals, but I bet they tried anyway--and it sounds like they largely failed.

Comparison--remember when Sam Raimi left the Spider-Man trilogy because Avi Arad made him cram three villains into one film in Sandman, Venom, and Green Goblin Jr?  Here we have Chloe Zhao tasked with INTRODUCING ten heroes, plus half a dozen or so Celestial gods, plus Deviants.  There's just no time for all that.  :ohnoez:

On 10/25/2021 at 9:33 AM, Oddball said:

Not the best reviews but should end up in the high 60’s on RT. Whats funny is Forbes and several other articles saying Marvel is trying to make a DC movie.

Every DC movie is whatever the director wants it to be for the most part with no single creative controller behind them like Feige.  So what is it they're even talking about?  Between Nolan, Snyder, Whedon, and all the rest I have no unified feel for what a "DC movie" even is.  ???

On 10/25/2021 at 4:37 PM, fantastic_four said:

Every DC movie is whatever the director wants it to be for the most part with no single creative controller behind them like Feige.  So what is it they're even talking about?  Between Nolan, Snyder, Whedon, and all the rest I have no unified feel for what a "DC movie" even is.  ???

I agree, I’m just pointing out the articles (I’m up to 5 now) making that statement. Maybe because Eternals is not a 90% RT movie out of the gate? 

Almost every review shares 2 commonalities...

1. They spend more time building future MCU movies than they do focusing on this very film.

2. The costumes are almost Power Ranger bad.

Can't wait to see it and judge for myself. Currently sitting at 72% on Rotten Tomatoes. Wonder when Disney will pay to get that up to a more favorable number? 

On 10/25/2021 at 11:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

I saw a new promo the other day that was very different and it left me confused on what the tone of the movie was

im a bit surprised Disney marketing is one of their strong suits 

On 10/25/2021 at 9:44 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Reading the reviews I think I might like this movie as it goes away from the cookie cutter movies they make

im going to go see it 

previously was going to wait till it hit Disney+

That is why I liked the trailer. It appears to be different. Black Widow and Shang-Chi were below average to average films that were just meh as it was the same formula that Marvel has been doing outside of Avengers.

Edited by kimik

by some miracle

I DID get 2 prescreen passes for this movie.

It is way out by the airport, but I'm willing to try and make it for this movie at least.

Here is hoping :wishluck: as it is first come first serve :tink: 

On 10/26/2021 at 12:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

by some miracle

I DID get 2 prescreen passes for this movie.

It is way out by the airport, but I'm willing to try and make it for this movie at least.

Here is hoping :wishluck: as it is first come first serve :tink: 

Congrats and good luck getting in. (thumbsu

On 10/25/2021 at 6:37 AM, fantastic_four said:

a soul crushing disappointment

On 10/26/2021 at 3:10 PM, kimik said:

Congrats and good luck getting in. (thumbsu

Thanks! Ya it's a highway drive across town with construction, and it's by the airport with traffic etc.

Hoping hoping hoping 

Add that with a new place I've never been to for a prescreen for and the procedure and all lol

Lord willing though, so far so good!

On 10/26/2021 at 2:38 AM, Bosco685 said:
On 10/25/2021 at 8:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

Why do they need to decide? Why not allow it they way it is. Why as Americans do 
we always think the Sun revolves around us and not the rest of the world. 

:gossip: He's a UK movie reporter.

:baiting:

That wasn't really aimed at him per say. FB is full of haters on this movie having never seen it. 
Whatever happened to watching it first.