• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a market for Western comics any more?
3 3

359 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Here is a cool Red Ryder premium..

Very cool, Richard.  Red was a big deal and sold lots of stuff.  I listen to OTR and listened to the radio shows and was higher rated than the Lone Ranger when it began.  

Also cool that you saved your 1943 membership kit - doesn't that say To: Richard Evans...  And  I thought I had you by a few years :baiting:

38 minutes ago, telerites said:

Also cool that you saved your 1943 membership kit - doesn't that say To: Richard Evans...  And  I thought I had you by a few years :baiting:

Yep. My second wife hated that I was sending in perfectly good dimes for radio premiums when I should be helping the youngest kid pay for college and the oldest kid pay for a home mortgage. 1943 was a busy year.

25 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

Notice how Tonto doesn't look like a lunatic on that cover :facepalm: -

460448f3fa6ceb2905fb43bcfd897ef8.jpg

Well, Tonto does mean "Stupid" in Spanish.

When I found out "Tonto" meant "Stupid" it really made me mad, because I really like Tonto in the TV show.  He's a great character and definitely NOT stupid.

7 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Well, Tonto does mean "Stupid" in Spanish.

When I found out "Tonto" meant "Stupid" it really made me mad, because I really like Tonto in the TV show.  He's a great character and definitely NOT stupid.

I loved those reruns as a kid. And yeah, any minority got carpped on at that time in entertainment.

8 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Ok.... since we're posting, I guess I'll add some of the comics that I started this thread about.

All have "Lois Stewart" neatly stamped on the cover & splash page.  At least it's a nice small stamp.

a1.jpg

Wow, Lois took great care of her books!! These are wonderful pieces of Americana. I like them raw like this.  (thumbsu