• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

Both seller and buyer seemed happy

I'm sure the buyer was happy.

I certainly would be at that price.

My friend Jerome will be gutted when he finds out he missed one for less than four hundred bucks.

Indeed, as the buyer, I was quite happy! Harley Yee has a copy for sale for $900.

BTW, Ian, I don't have the individual Gaines Narrative, but I was fortunate enough to purchase the actual professional journal that the article appeared in. Do you have that?

Both seller and buyer seemed happy

I'm sure the buyer was happy.

I certainly would be at that price.

My friend Jerome will be gutted when he finds out he missed one for less than four hundred bucks.

Indeed, as the buyer, I was quite happy! Harley Yee has a copy for sale for $900.

BTW, Ian, I don't have the individual Gaines Narrative, but I was fortunate enough to purchase the actual professional journal that the article appeared in. Do you have that?

These?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&item=300239430856&rd=1

Edited by super_team_up

it must be a pain having to buy all those variants.

I hate them and I think they're an obscene rip-offs.

It really ticks me off that DC can cancel major super hero titles like Aquaman, Hawkman, Catwoman, Atom, Martian Manhunter, etc etc, titles that should be the mainstay of DC, and yet waste so much time and effort printing these stupid variants.

If I ever had a reason to want to stop, these would be the core reason behind it.

A-Men.

...you can find any Romance/Humor/War DC without any problem

With the greatest of respect that's complete utter nonsense.

You go find a complete run of Girls Love, or Here's Howie, or Star Spangled War Stories, I challenge you.

You'll still be scratching your head in ten years time.

Yes indeed.

I have BOTH Print Journals, containing Narrative Illustration and Good Triumphs Over Evil.

These are the first issues.

I also have the comic of Narrative Illustration.

The only one I don't have, and have never seen, is the comic version of Good Triumphs Over Evil.

But as I said, I have them both anyway as Print Journals.

...you can find any Romance/Humor/War DC without any problem

With the greatest of respect that's complete utter nonsense.

You go find a complete run of Girls Love, or Here's Howie, or Star Spangled War Stories, I challenge you.

You'll still be scratching your head in ten years time.

I think he meant Silver Age issues. Star Spangled War Stories was that hard? Really? That's very surprising. Any particular reason why, you think?

Did you find any issues easier than you thought?

Star Spangled War Stories was that hard? Really? That's very surprising. Any particular reason why, you think?

Yeah some of the eary issues were tough. I seem to remember searching for years for a number 5.

I was very lucky that I bought my copy of New Adventure 13 back in the mid 1970s.

I have never ever seen a copy come up for sale, not anywhere.

I raher fear that if I hadn't had my original copy, that I'd still be missing one comic to this day.

63376.jpg.2b3357ed17f6dc8efdd5123c9eff8b20.jpg

Hey, Ian sorry for thinking you had not been collecting comics that long. For some reason I thought you did it in only a few years time. My mistake. Since you have every issue ever sold by D.C. are you thinking about replacing the restored copies with unrestored copies?

Hey, Ian sorry for thinking you had not been collecting comics that long. For some reason I thought you did it in only a few years time. My mistake. Since you have every issue ever sold by D.C. are you thinking about replacing the restored copies with unrestored copies?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

NO CHANCE.

I collect comics because I love them, not because they're some sort of investment that's dictated by their grade or whether they're unrestored.

NO CHANCE.

And I ADORE my restored comics. The reason they're restored is so they can look more beautiful to the naked eye. My Detective 22 and my New Fun 5, both restored by Susan Cicconi, have to be the nicest looking copies on the entire planet. I welcome restoration. I'm the guy who traded in an unrestored Action 1 for a nicer looking restored one, remember. And (shock horror of shock horrors) I'm the guy who had a totally unrestored Detective 27 restored.

Ian, what was the grade before and the grade after restoration on that Tec 27?

I say, if you are keeping them forever and not planning on reselling, then the comic is yours to restore or not, no matter others opinions.

Ian, what was the grade before and the grade after restoration on that Tec 27?

I say, if you are keeping them forever and not planning on reselling, then the comic is yours to restore or not, no matter others opinions.

It's now an 8.0.

The pages inside are perfect and almost white.

But the cover looked like a rag but now looks perfect and pristine. Matt Nelson did it.

I would never have been happy with it looking the way it did, with rips and dirt on the cover.

I was very lucky that I bought my copy of New Adventure 13 back in the mid 1970s.

I raher fear that if I hadn't had my original copy, that I'd still be missing one comic to this day.

nah, we would have hooked you up (Thumbs u

newadventurecomics13.jpg

nah, we would have hooked you up (Thumbs u

newadventurecomics13.jpg

(worship)

So is anyone else attempting this monumental task other than the people already trying?

As a side note:

Does anyone know the relative numbers of total comics for each Age?

I.E. How many distinct GA books are there? How many SA books? How many Bronze?

So is anyone else attempting this monumental task other than the people already trying?

As a side note:

In order to get to that, there first would have to be agreement on the actual date/book which ushered in each successive period.

And I suspect there is probably already a thread or two arguing the finer point of why this book or that book was the actual beginnning of each respective age.

:wishluck:

As a side note:

In order to get to that, there first would have to be agreement on the actual date/book which ushered in each successive period.

And I suspect there is probably already a thread or two arguing the finer point of why this book or that book was the actual beginnning of each respective age.

:wishluck:

I realize that the defining line between ages is of considerable debate.

Maybe it would be easier to do it this way... How many 10 cent books are there? How many published 12 cent books. 15 cent books. 20 cent books, etc.