• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

You have to go through all the hard work of trying to put the set together to really appreciate something like dirtminator or the GA defend your home book you posted earlier.

People that haven't put the work in will never appreciate it in the same way as someone like yourself or Jerome will.

I can't actually argue with that logic.

Originally Posted By: Bronty
now that is pretty funny! Honestly though, would that not be the ultimate challenge of a writer's skill? To make a comic about vacuum cleaning interesting?

It's not that bad, actually

then my hat is off to the writer! :)the art is pretty decent too from the looks of the cover.

Originally Posted By: Bronty
the art is pretty decent too from the looks of the cover.

I'm quite proud of how rare it is.

as you should be (thumbs u

Arrh the vault, \(worship\)\:o\(worship\)\:o

Guided tours run inconjunction with the opening hours of Buckingham Palace through the sesonal months of August, and September.

Visitors are reminded to remain behind the roped of.... if only 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Couldn't agree more. I think Ian lives 20 minutes from me. I would pay for a guided tour! :grin:

that is so cool...

do you keep the "big" books in a safe, etc, or are they also in chronological "stacks"

I shouldn't really be discussing this, but the room has one door only which is a reinforced steel bank door, with a solid two inch thick plate all the way through it and a reinforced frame too. Plus grilles on the windows and a movement sensor as well.

I love that the books are stored vertically. I always wonder if my boxes are wrong as the books are standing on end. but..

heres a question. I can see that these images show probably the GA and SA runs, bagged one to a bag/mylar etc. Do you keep Superman 1 thru 650+ in order all together? Or are the Moderns stored elsewhere, and are the moderns 10 to a bag or 5 or two to keep them manageable compared to their lack of value?

I put 10 Moderns in a GA bag with a board down in the middle of the books (one per bag) keeps them flat and safe and easy to move around while cutting down bag and board storage.

A few market reports ago, Doug Sulipa reported in Overstreet that he's moved to storing the books in small stacks vertically.

For moderns in my personal collection or inventory (I don't take moderns to shows) I usually go with four per silver age bag/board.

Ian, love the picture of the shelves filled with old comics.

heres a question. I can see that these images show probably the GA and SA runs, bagged one to a bag/mylar etc. Do you keep Superman 1 thru 650+ in order all together? Or are the Moderns stored elsewhere, and are the moderns 10 to a bag or 5 or two to keep them manageable compared to their lack of value?

I put 10 Moderns in a GA bag with a board down in the middle of the books (one per bag) keeps them flat and safe and easy to move around while cutting down bag and board storage.

All the runs are in Bill Cole Arklights with a board in each one.

Each one bagged and boarded separately.

Superman 1 to 650 all in order. Nothing is split up. But I would never put more than one comic in an Arklight, as I seal each one.

While on the subject of Bill Cole, I have bought forty thousand off him, through my friend's comic shop.

Each set of 100 has either 98 or 99 inside.

I have never never ONCE counted a full 100, not ever. It is scandalous. We complained but were ignored.