• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

With enough money, no set is hard to complete. gossip.gif

I disagree. Money helps, but it's not the only requirement.

confused.gif So then what title do you think us unobtainable, even with a limitless wallet?

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif
poke2.gif

sumo.gif

Where's my Eric Powell Sketchbook?

Get your contacts to get it in SD. Maybe number "666" will be made available by then! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

confused.gif So then what title do you think us unobtainable, even with a limitless wallet?

You said "hard" to complete, that's what I was responding to, not "unobtainable".

You said "hard" to complete, that's what I was responding to, not "unobtainable".

Okay, what title do you think would be "hard" to obtain?

Have you not read about some of the titles that were hard for Ian to obtain? Many of the books he was looking for were not pricey books, but he still had a hard time finding them. If you haven't read his posts about these hard to find titles then you'll have to dig them up yourself, I'm to lazy and I've already read them.

It took me almost as year to get Fast Willie Jackson 1-7 and money wasn't an issue with those. Granted, I could have bought some from Mile High, but I just can't get myself to give Chuck my money.

Fast Willie Jackson?

Have you not read about some of the titles that were hard for Ian to obtain? Many of the books he was looking for were not pricey books, but he still had a hard time finding them. If you haven't read his posts about these hard to find titles then you'll have to dig them up yourself, I'm to lazy and I've already read them.

It took me almost as year to get Fast Willie Jackson 1-7 and money wasn't an issue with those. Granted, I could have bought some from Mile High, but I just can't get myself to give Chuck my money.

So you just answered your own question. You could have bought them, but money was an issue. From what I remember Ian has trouble with the giveaways. He could have finished his NA run, but money was a factor. I seriously doubt that any title would be hard to collect given enough money.

Fast Willie Jackson?

893applaud-thumb.gif (unless your're willing to give MH your money)

So you just answered your own question. You could have bought them, but money was an issue. From what I remember Ian has trouble with the giveaways. He could have finished his NA run, but money was a factor. I seriously doubt that any title would be hard to collect given enough money.

I really am fine with disagreeing with you DL.

I really am fine with disagreeing with you DL.

Here I was trying to be civil with you OG, I just want to understand why you feel a certain title would be difficult to get. Do you not think you could get FWJ 1-7 if you had a $10,000 budget to spend to find it?

While I agree that the vasy majority of titles can be completed pretty easily given a virtually unlimited checkbook, I imagine that any run with Gerber 8-10s would be VERY hard to finish. The collectors that have them probably aren't going to let them go (I am discounting absurdities like offering 100x guide). Not every collector is swayed by offers of semi-rediculous sums, especially the wealthy ones.

How about a complete run of Double Action Comics?