• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

Don't even waste your time with "doctor" arnie or the overstreet guide. Send your info to Krause, or even better, post the info on Mike's Amazing World of DC site. The guide is a dinosaur not worth buying more than once every 5-7 years anyway.

Ian, I think you'll find that many (most?) Americans don't appeciate dry British wit:

Then Ian needs to use a Smiley or add an "LOL" when "joking" in this manner. Given Ian's attitude and history of giving Arnold a hard time, it's no wonder the "joke" was taken wrong. I thought the same thing as a few others when I first read it - it was a sarcastic jab at Arnold and Overstreet.

thumbsup2.gif

I don't mind the jab, he needs to keep himself amused while assembling that exhaustive list he's no doubt drafting to make his mark on price guide history and insure that the Guide is updated with all that vital information that we can't otherwise obtain in any other fashion except with his help. Of course he won't deprive comics of that knowledge, but sometimes he needs to take a break and make a joke to lighten the mood. And I forgive him for that.

Er.................

Er.........................

Mmmmm............................

Lost for words.

Now you're just teasing.

Edited by Batfiend

Tom,

I usually let your glib inanities slide because that's what message boards are like, but this is a personal thing with me: Don't call me "Arnie." I don't appreciate it, I'm offended by it, and I find it a small-minded thing to do to belittle me in that way.

And besides, if I want to rib Ian after he ribbed me, that's my business. I don't honestly know why it's any concern of yours what Ian and I say to each other. So perhaps it's better if you just keep your clever witticisms to yourself.

Tom,

I usually let your glib inanities slide because that's what message boards are like, but this is a personal thing with me: Don't call me "Arnie." I don't appreciate it, I'm offended by it, and I find it a small-minded thing to do to belittle me in that way.

And besides, if I want to rib Ian after he ribbed me, that's my business. I don't honestly know why it's any concern of yours what Ian and I say to each other. So perhaps it's better if you just keep your clever witticisms to yourself.

893applaud-thumb.gif

You go, Arnold!!! thumbsup2.gif

Tom,

Way to go Arnold, that's opening a can of whoop arse. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hi Ian,

Have you determined how many of the Masters of the Universe related mini-comics were printed by DC? The info I've seen says that the first 11 were by DC. Here's a pic of a few of them...

That is correct and I have all eleven.

Tale Of Teela is the hardest, as, for some reason, it goes for about fifty dollars every time one appears on e-Bay

Just wondered if you have all the dc british reprints? And all the, pence copy variants for the 70's DC's? Well done anyhow, I would love to go through them, especially some of the early 50's DC's.

Yeah, and when he gets all of those, he needs to get all of the Australian DC reprints too! wink.gif

Some of these have original covers not released in the US, and some of these are 300 page comics! I bought one just for the oddity factor.