• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

It's easy as you weren't here to defend yourself. Not that returning a comment is even required. You come across as eccentric and pompous in many of my previous reading of your posts. ( I come across as sarcastic on occasion :lol: nobody's perfect) If that's the case, so be it. If you aren't, that's ok too. Show some funny books again, join the conversations, and be part of the community.

If you love the comics, that's great, you are one of many here on the boards that truly love the art form etc....

I for one think your accomplishment is phenomenal. I have around 30-35K comics too, but as a percentage match to the books you have in your dc collection, they would be minimal.

Cheers,

Collin

but do you have this one?

The three DC Sports Illustrated giveaways are fairly common and appear on e-Bay all the time.

You can't compare them to the scarcity of stuff like The Aquateers Meet The Super Friends, the Looney Tunes Tyson mini-comics, A set of all five Flash Force 2000, Twisted Metal, The Dirt-Minator, Happy Tooth, The All American Freihofers giveaway, the Remco Warlord mini-comic, the two Silly Putty Man comics, and Narrative Illustration - The Story Of The Comics. And then there's the Superman/Bradman comic.

Now those that I listed define what I term as rare.

Well he must of at least made a couple people have thick pockets full of cash. In order to acquire a collection that quickly you are going to have to overpay on a lot of hard to get issues.

That quickly ???

It took forty years.

Congratulations of making sense of the original poster's sentence...I've read it a few times and it still sounds like Yoda-on-a-bender :P

Well he must of at least made a couple people have thick pockets full of cash. In order to acquire a collection that quickly you are going to have to overpay on a lot of hard to get issues.

That quickly ???

It took forty years.

Congratulations of making sense of the original poster's sentence...I've read it a few times and it still sounds like Yoda-on-a-bender :P

:lol: My name is Yoda, give me some pepsi soda :lol:

I'm still trying to figure out how one looks at someone who's collected every DC comic ever published and say that's not a "big deal."

I mean, seriously, wtf? Action 1-up, Adventure 1-up, Detective 1-up, Batman 1-up, Superman 1-up, More Fun 1-up, Flash 1-up, every Sensation, Star-Spangled, G.I. Combat (post Quality, that is), All-Star...Full runs of all the obscure books that DC's published over the years like Buzzy, Fox and Crow, Mr. District Attorney, Sugar and Spike...full runs of long-running second-tier titles like Strange Adventures, Mystery in Space, House of Mystery, Showcase, My Greatest Adventure, House of Secrets, World's Finest, Superboy...

I can't think of a bigger deal in collecting than that, barring all the above in HG (fine/vf and better)

Yes I have everything you list, plus ALL the G.I. Combats from 1 up.

There's a lot of snobbery because all my keys are restored, and I intentionally sought out restored books, and took every comic I bought out of its slab (except for "What Do You Know About This Comic's Seal Of Approval", which I kept slabbed simply because it's the only copy known to man.

I spoke to Ian via PM's at his forum a couple of months ago about his collection and not posting here anymore. He says he's seriously considering selling off the collection and starting again from scratch. That's an auction I'd love to see.

That was at a time when financial pressures were getting to me and I was merely thinking aloud and considering it. I made a couple of very tentative and indefinite enquiries briefly.

Mainly because I went heavily into debt to complete the collection a few years ago.

But in the cold light of day, I realised the idea was ridiculous after forty years, and I fought off the temptation.

I spoke to Ian via PM's at his forum a couple of months ago about his collection and not posting here anymore. He says he's seriously considering selling off the collection and starting again from scratch. That's an auction I'd love to see.

That was at a time when financial pressures were getting to me and I was merely thinking aloud and considering it. I made a couple of very tentative and indefinite enquiries briefly.

Mainly because I went heavily into debt to complete the collection a few years ago.

But in the cold light of day, I realised the idea was ridiculous after forty years, and I fought off the temptation.

:applause:

A impressive feat and collection.But what is the point if you dont really appreciate the books?It all seems just something to own and brag about.Kinda sad.

Dennis

I pop back in here after three years and read stuff like this and I remember why I left.

What gives you the right to judge people who you don't know.

I love my comics, always have done, know everything there is to know about the JSA and virtually all the Silver Age, especially the early Justice Leagues.

How can you pass comment on someone who you don't know ??

Ian,

My apologies.That was the impression that I got.If you read further I also state that if I had the collection it would be shared all the time.

Yours is quite the task,every single dc.

Please hang around and share your collection.Im sure all would be happy to see it.

And once again if I came across as a troll Im sorry.

Dennis

Ian - given that I have a Supergear, I'd be willing to trade it for some cool Golden Age stuff if you have duplicates. I, much like you, love lower grade big logo Detectives, stuff like this:

detective039.jpg

Edited by FlyingDonut