• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you do
1 1

68 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, bb8 said:

They said it happened during the ‘receiving process’. So not during the slabbing process.

Does Edward Scissorhands work in receiving or something?

7 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

As others have said when you have a before scan CGC will make you whole.  The problem comes when you don’t.  I don’t have scans, but I KNOW that every book I sent them was a gem mint 10.0.  So I guess I’ll just have to live with the books they sent back to me.

Oh, and I’m a software engineer, but I don’t know what that has to do with anything.

I did not have a scan before I subbed it. But really it wouldn’t matter in my (and many other) case because it was sent to be pressed before CGC. And not to CCS.

9 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Guys here have said they have clean cut their books on 4 mill mylar before...

I was waiting for somebody to say that before adding to what i have already written so far. When i got the comic back and showed the damage to Dan Scott from Scotts Collectables the first thing he said was 'thats a mylar cut.' When i asked the dealer if he could possibly have snagged it on the mylar by accident he said definitely not as its not his job to take it out the mylar to examine the book because he is not the one grading it he just sends it on, which makes sense. I am of the opinion this happened at CGC and they just havent owned up to it.   

On 2/27/2019 at 10:10 PM, Real Elijah Snow said:

Who/why? 

The guys on here who make people who make mistakes feel like dogsh!t. Theres people on here who are arrogant as hell and talk to people like they are above them.  Newsflash,  we all started somewhere.  We all had questions even if dumb.  So take it easy and actually help someone without the attuitude. Youre no better than anyone else. 

1 hour ago, Stillirize85 said:

The guys on here who make people who make mistakes feel like dogsh!t. Theres people on here who are arrogant as hell and talk to people like they are above them.  Newsflash,  we all started somewhere.  We all had questions even if dumb.  So take it easy and actually help someone without the attuitude. Youre no better than anyone else. 

I sincerely can't find an example of this in this thread. 

3 hours ago, Stillirize85 said:

Maybe....possibly...it's the reader who is reading words on a screen through their own particular lens, and coming to conclusions about what the writer has written that aren't entirely accurate?

Is that a possibility...? Text is very limiting in how ideas can be expressed, especially with dynamic, passionate expressions. What might be an expression of innocent joy to one could easily come off as vainglorious boasting to another...right?

Tooooo many people, myself included, "read into" things that never even entered the writer's mind...and then, it's never addressed, never resolved, resentment builds up, and...often "out of nowhere"...you now have enemies with whom you have never even interacted. And that's not healthy.

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Maybe....possibly...it's the reader who is reading words on a screen through their own particular lens, and coming to conclusions about what the writer has written that aren't entirely accurate?

Is that a possibility...? Text is very limiting in how ideas can be expressed, especially with dynamic, passionate expressions. What might be an expression of innocent joy to one could easily come off as vainglorious boasting to another...right?

Tooooo many people, myself included, "read into" things that never even entered the writer's mind...and then, it's never addressed, never resolved, resentment builds up, and...often "out of nowhere"...you now have enemies with whom you have never even interacted. And that's not healthy.

This Is why I apologize for the other day :foryou: I was too sensitive......

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This Is why I apologize for the other day :foryou: I was too sensitive......

Don't sell yourself short..you are overly sensitive all the time.

Man, that joke never gets old to me! 

I didnt see AMADANTIUM do anything other than not allow someone to steamroll over him.  Not sure you need to apologize for something like that.

1 minute ago, kav said:

I didnt see AMADANTIUM do anything other than not allow someone to steamroll over him.  Not sure you need to apologize for something like that.

I wasn't myself actually.....I try to be nice, I don't always accomplish that, I had nothing really to contribute so I should have just been quiet :foryou: 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wasn't myself actually.....I try to be nice, I don't always accomplish that, I had nothing really to contribute so I should have just been quiet :foryou: 

Don't sell yourself short, you rarely have anything to contribute!

Okay, time to walk away from the keyboard!!! You know I love ya' ADAMANTIUM!

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

You have the intrinsic right as a being to defend yourself from assault, verbal or other.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

You have the intrinsic right as a being to defend yourself from assault, verbal or other.

Two people who had previously been at odds come together and resolve the issue. Can't have that now, can you? (shrug)

Just now, Bird said:

Two people who had previously been at odds come together and resolve the issue. Can't have that now, can you? (shrug)

Only a visionary into the future could determine if anything has been 'resolved'.  Looking at the past, I suspect not.

11 minutes ago, Bird said:

Side question: why is one of those 'two people' constantly finding himself 'at odds' with various folks?

Side comment-I only saw one of those 'two people' trying to 'resolve' anything.  Was there an apology from the other side I missed? (shrug)

3 hours ago, kav said:

Side question: why is one of those 'two people' constantly finding himself 'at odds' with various folks?

As I have said before, people's feelings are not a playground. That means that I do not believe that this is an appropriate topic for discussion.

6 minutes ago, Bird said:

As I have said before, people's feelings are not a playground. That means that I do not believe that this is an appropriate topic for discussion.

You are not responsible for other people’s emotions.

And they are not responsible for yours.