• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ZACK SNYDER: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT EVENT (3/22-3/24)
2 2

76 posts in this topic

On 5/1/2023 at 8:45 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The Olympic Gods being Kryptonian makes no sense. Almost none of their powers align.

I could see an argument made either way.  Yes, from what we "know" of Kryptonians the power sets don't line up with the Olympic Gods.  On the other hand, if those Kyrptonians crashed over 20,000 years ago (ship surrounded by 20,000 year old ice), who knows what powers they may have after being in the earth's yellow sun and atmosphere for 20,000+ years.

Edited by media_junkie
gah...spelled sun as son....

On 5/1/2023 at 9:30 AM, media_junkie said:

I could see an argument made either way.  Yes, from what we "know" of Kryptonians the power sets don't line up with the Olympic Gods.  On the other hand, if those Kyrptonians crashed over 20,000 years ago (ship surrounded by 20,000 year old ice), who knows what powers they may have after being in the earth's yellow sun and atmosphere for 20,000+ years.

If Wonder Woman can kill Ares, she can kill Superman. I'm not okay with that.

On 5/1/2023 at 9:43 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

He he did say it was one concept they were toying with. Not the final direction if anything ever occurred.

On 5/1/2023 at 9:43 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Ok, but back in the early 2000s Wonder Woman used her headpiece and totally slit Superman's throat while he was being mind controlled.  Doesn't take much imagination to see her pushing a bit harder and actually loping his head off.  So, yeah, a case can be made that Wonder Woman could kill Superman, not sure what the problem is with that.  Also in the BVS movie she cuts off Doomsday's hand with her sword (and he was at least half kryptonian).

On 5/1/2023 at 9:51 AM, media_junkie said:

Ok, but back in the early 2000s Wonder Woman used her headpiece and totally slit Superman's throat while he was being mind controlled.  Doesn't take much imagination to see her pushing a bit harder and actually loping his head off.  So, yeah, a case can be made that Wonder Woman could kill Superman, not sure what the problem is with that.  Also in the BVS movie she cuts off Doomsday's hand with her sword (and he was at least half kryptonian).

I don't think Wonder Woman should ever be able to kill Superman. (shrug) But at least this part makes the discussion fair.

On 5/1/2023 at 12:04 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I don't think Wonder Woman should ever be able to kill Superman. (shrug) But at least this part makes the discussion fair.

Even in Justice League: The New Frontier the powerhouses were Superman and Wonder Woman. And she sends him packing when he doesn't recognize why women would take action against dangerous men.

On 5/1/2023 at 12:31 PM, Bosco685 said:

Even in Justice League: The New Frontier the powerhouses were Superman and Wonder Woman. And she sends him packing when he doesn't recognize why women would take action against dangerous men.

Doesn't make it any less dumb for the DCEU, to me.

On 5/1/2023 at 8:45 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The Olympic Gods being Kryptonian makes no sense. Almost none of their powers align.

Was just going to say that I thought the idea of the ancient Greek gods actually turning out to be Kryptonian was kind of cool.  And having that tie into the Amazon's/Wonder Woman's power.  

I mean, the basic "God" powers are just super strength, invulnerability, and flight.  You could chalk up the difference in mythological powers to (1) various types of advanced technology, and/or (2) the fact that myths evolve and change over time.  If we assume these hypothetical Kryptonians chose to act as Gods on Earth, they might then choose what kind of "God" they wanted to be.

Ever read Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny?  Same kind of idea, except with the Indian Gods.  

Anyway, not sure if it would end up making sense in the comic book universe, but an interesting idea still.