• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ZACK SNYDER: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT EVENT (3/22-3/24)
2 2

76 posts in this topic

On 5/1/2023 at 12:51 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Doesn't make it any less dumb for the DCEU, to me.

Not sure why it would be a dumb concept after all these decades. It's just another take on the DC lore, and making Kal-El/Superman even more key how Kryptonians formed the foundation of mythological gods on Earth.

On 5/1/2023 at 1:26 PM, Bosco685 said:

Not sure why it would be a dumb concept after all these decades. It's just another take on the DC lore, and making Kal-El/Superman even more key how Kryptonians formed the foundation of mythological gods on Earth.

Yup, and the more I think about it, it isn't far fetched.  In the DC "One Million" comic stories the original Superman (Superman-Prime) ended up moving his Fortress of Solitude into the Sun.  He lived there for 15,000 years and when he came back and he was all golden and glowie (and obviously very powerful), sounds almost like Apollo "The Sun God" from Greek Mythology.

While it would have been a bit, odd seeing in the movies that the Kryptonians were the "gods" that were worshipped back in the day, I don't think it is a horrible concept.  Different and off beat, but not horrible.

Edited by media_junkie

On 5/1/2023 at 6:00 PM, media_junkie said:

Yup, and the more I think about it, it isn't far fetched.  In the DC "One Million" comic stories the original Superman (Superman-Prime) ended up moving his Fortress of Solitude into the Sun.  He lived there for 15,000 years and when he came back and he was all golden and glowie (and obviously very powerful), sounds almost like Apollo "The Sun God" from Greek Mythology.

While it would have been a bit, odd seeing in the movies that the Kryptonians were the "gods" that were worshipped back in the day, I don't think it is a horrible concept.  Different and off beat, but not horrible.

You sensible evil being! 

:highfive:

On 5/1/2023 at 1:26 PM, Bosco685 said:

I think it's dumb to have Clark biologically related to Diana (species-wise). I think it's better to have each hero with completely different backgrounds and abilities.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 5/4/2023 at 6:38 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think it's dumb to have Clark biologically related to Diana (species-wise). I think it's better to have each hero with completely different backgrounds and abilities.

The easy response would be dismissing a concept because it doesn't follow a common traditional path.

But the creative approach of Elseworlds or What If ...? was to take that known concept and turn it in a different direction using elements of the traditional design. Some landed. Some didn't.

In this case, Zack Snyder and his creating crew was toying with the galaxy-distributed Kryptonians having a much larger influence on Earth and it's inhabitants and mythologies. And trying to connect the dots why Darkseid and his minions so feared invading Earth while there was even one Kryptonian alive. Add to this Lois Lane is pregnant with Kal-El's baby, and you had more of a possible threat. Leading to why the death of Lois would play into Darkseid's desires, and leading to the Knightmare events where the heroes need to change events to alter that timeline. So a very deep and possibly logical direction.

Doesn't mean that would work for everyone. I respect that. But I appreciate the creative and unique intent of the concept.

On 5/4/2023 at 7:49 AM, Bosco685 said:

Doesn't mean that would work for everyone. I respect that. But I appreciate the creative and unique intent of the concept.

Sure, I appreciate 'thinking outside of the box'. This was a good idea to scrap, much like Lois' kid being Bruce's.