• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 March Madness Grading Tournament Prize Thread
6 6

422 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

It is the perfect storm of bad timing and lack of outside communication methods beyond the board.

And if he is kicked off/suspended from the board-- the odds that he is watching this prize selection seem very low.

Perhaps we need to consider a rule if this happens going forward-- similar to how people exclude HOS folks from buying or being in the raffles. Not quite that intense perhaps but in order to eliminate both prizes being picked and offered by individuals who cannot communicate through the boards.

And we also need to consider if we need to pull the two prizes off the list at this time.

Sorry guys, had to run in to work and put out a fire.

Yes, already figure we will need a rule in the future.  I'd like to call it the Kav rule if he's ok with it lol 

I can't find any record of a strike.  Anyone know how long?

19 minutes ago, flashlites said:

is it me or the booze? Did the prize #'s change from two days ago? I had the Frazetta SC as prize #26 now is #25? and the Gerber book as prize #28 now its #27?

Yes, I changed the order a bit a few days ago as guys who posted a placeholder then came back in and posted the prize at the end of the thread.

Ok, I've made an executive decision.  Can't wait forever on Kav so I will skip him and send him a prize tailored to him - I have lots of stuff in my basement he should like - or he can pick from the remaining prizes.  I imagine he did something dumb to get the strike but he did compete and place well and he's donated two nice prizes and I won't let him down.

As far as his donations I think he's an honorable guy but pick them at your own risk.

4 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

@Kramerica you're now picking :baiting:

How you doing?  Haven't talked in a long time.

Quite alright my friend - thanks for asking! I hope you're doing well yourself. Thanks for taking the time to do this (worship)

I'll take:

Prize #18 Donated by fastballspecial
          A high grade raw mystery box.  Books will be late Bronze, Copper and early Modern 

Edited by Kramerica

1 minute ago, Kramerica said:
4 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

@Kramerica you're now picking :baiting:

How you doing?  Haven't talked in a long time.

Quite alright my friend!

I have you down for Prize #18 Donated by fastballspecial
          A high grade raw mystery box.  Books will be late Bronze, Copper and early Modern

5 minutes ago, flashlites said:

I'm turning in soon guys. Torch please see my revised PM with updated prize #'s I got my fingers crossed but really I'll be happy with whatever. Thanks a million for puttin' on this shindig!!!!!:wishluck:

DCMan hasn't read my PM from earlier so he'll likely not pick tonight.

My top three picks in order in case we need to go that far and I am not available after DCMan makes their selection.

1 - Prize #31 Donated by Point Five

Lot of 5 Horror/Fantasy/Misc, GA to BA
          -The House of Terror 3-D in 3.0 or so.   Nice solid copy with some moisture ripple. Comes with glasses intact
          -Journey Into Mystery #75, 3.5
          -Science Comics V2 #2, 3.5. (Not "the" Science Comics #2)
          -Swamp Thing #10, 6.5/7.0, Wrightson classic, front looks 8.0ish
          -House of Secrets #106, 6.5.  barest hint of an NCB center crease, otherwise 8.5

2 - Prize #25 Donated by Black_Adam
          The Definitive Frazetta SC and Dave Stevens Covers and Stories HC

3 -  Prize #27 Donated by John R
Gerber's Photo-Journal Guide to Marvel Comics - Volume K-Z