• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 March Madness Grading Tournament Prize Thread
6 6

422 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Wasn't oakman29 picking for him? Someone who knows kav should decide. I am sure someone knows him well enough. Plus he can't be mad if he is away and missed it. At least someone was looking out for him. 

Oakman made a solid pick for kav imo --- I found it interesting at first but it makes total sense for him. Maybe it is the lack of proxy status for Oakman that is the problem but this is a matter of consequences, right or wrong, that lead to kav getting a strike and not being able to communicate.

So his pick needed to be communicated ahead of time or he cannot really complain about it. ON THE FLIPSIDE OF THIS--- the two prizes kav put up will have a big delay being sent until he can come back on the board and communicate to the prize selectors. The whole thing is regrettable.

Just now, 01TheDude said:

Oakman made a solid pick for kav imo --- I found it interesting at first but it makes total sense for him. Maybe it is the lack of proxy status for Oakman that is the problem but this is a matter of consequences, right or wrong, that lead to kav getting a strike and not being able to communicate.

So his pick needed to be communicated ahead of time or he cannot really complain about it. ON THE FLIPSIDE OF THIS--- the two prizes kav put up will have a big delay being sent until he can come back on the board and communicate to the prize selectors. The whole thing is regrettable.

I thought he was reformed (shrug)

Just now, 01TheDude said:

Perhaps but hey, some of the prizes here are fantastic! If I had to wait a few weeks to get some of the stuff here, I would happily do so. Has me excited to up my own prize for next year!

It is the perfect storm of bad timing and lack of outside communication methods beyond the board.

And if he is kicked off/suspended from the board-- the odds that he is watching this prize selection seem very low.

Perhaps we need to consider a rule if this happens going forward-- similar to how people exclude HOS folks from buying or being in the raffles. Not quite that intense perhaps but in order to eliminate both prizes being picked and offered by individuals who cannot communicate through the boards.

And we also need to consider if we need to pull the two prizes off the list at this time.

Edited by 01TheDude

13 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I actually thought that kav would like this prize, and to keep the train rolling on this thread.:foryou:

In the interests of making it easy I'll just list my 3 top choices and I'll be super happy regardless of what I receive. 

1) Prize #18 Donated by fastballspecial
          A high grade raw mystery box.  Books will be late Bronze, Copper and early Modern       

2) Prize #26 Donated by TheGeneral
          Lot of 12 Marvel Books.

3) Prize #5 Donated by Wipple
          She Hulk #1 CGC 8.5 

Since I'm up after Kramerica and don't think I'll be around later I'll put up my 2 preferences as I think 2 will cover me with only the kav pick incoming.

Prize #32 Donated by RockMyAmadeus

Prize #4 Donated by adampaszP

it's getting painful waiting and wondering whats going to be left. I'm filled with a combination of excitement, anxiety, fatigue and impending doom as my wish list gets picked off one by one. I'm like :whee:one minute and then :frustrated: the next. But hey it's kinda fun in a masochistic sort of way.:insane: