• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The fallacy of "IH181 is overvalued/overpriced"
5 5

272 posts in this topic

I grow tired of the 'movie' appearance pump.   Oh, well Disney now has the rights, so now if there is a new X-Men movie, then the price will go up even more....uh...why?    We've seen Wolverine in X-Men movies since what, the year 2000.    That being said, something is worth what somebody else is willing to pay for it.  

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

As the writer I believe I should be paid first. In full. Whatever's left is yours for more, um, McDonalds

Wuts your Paypal

Just now, Mercury Man said:

I grow tired of the 'movie' appearance pump.   Oh, well Disney now has the rights, so now if there is a new X-Men movie, then the price will go up even more....uh...why?    We've seen Wolverine in X-Men movies since what, the year 2000.    That being said, something is worth what somebody else is willing to pay for it.  

Mercury Man are you aware that Mercury is the closest planet to Earth?
https://gizmodo.com/mercury-not-venus-is-the-closest-planet-to-earth-1833290616

Just now, NoMan said:

This isn't the 80s. It's 2019. Many, many things are different. 

But in the 80s they said this isnt the 60s, many many things are different-

This isn't the 80s. It's 2019. Many, many things are different. 

I'm just saying it's kinda like global warming' "We will be underwater in 10 years!"  10 years later nope.  Then "Another 10 years".  Nope.  Then "Another 10!!"  Etc.  

500 years later it will be "It's coming-"

1 hour ago, kav said:

Wuts your Paypal

I don't believe in technology. I don't want to have any part of paying "The Man." I sew my own clothes, grow my own food, pooping in my garden for fertilizer. Speaking of which I gotta pinch one out now. Be back in a sec....

I don't believe in technology. I don't want to have any part of paying "The Man." I sew my own clothes, grow my own food, pooping in my garden for fertilizer. Speaking of which I gotta pinch one out now. Be back in a sec....

I'll send Wampum.

1 hour ago, kav said:

But in the 80s they said this isnt the 60s, many many things are different-

I wasn't here in the 60s to correct everyone. Now that I am here, I feel it is my duty to let you know your collection is worthless. 

All of my money is tied up in travel at the moment. In about 6-9 months I'm gonna go on a buying spree and I need things to sell for a lot less than they are now. Any help you guys can give me would be super cool. That or I need to do a GoFundMe. 

6 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I wasn't here in the 60s to correct everyone. Now that I am here, I feel it is my duty to let you know your collection is worthless. 

:flipbait:

46 minutes ago, kav said:

I'm just saying it's kinda like global warming' "We will be underwater in 10 years!"  10 years later nope.  Then "Another 10 years".  Nope.  Then "Another 10!!"  Etc.  

Kind of...1st, it was the hole in the ozone layer that was gonna kill us all.  And when that didn't happen, Global Warming was all the rage.  What Global Warming?  It was another below average temperature winter here in Toronto.  So now that Global Warming hasn't killed us, its Climate Change that will do us all in.  LOL lol

7 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Kind of...1st, it was the hole in the ozone layer that was gonna kill us all.  And when that didn't happen, Global Warming was all the rage.  What Global Warming?  It was another below average temperature winter here in Toronto.  So now that Global Warming hasn't killed us, its Climate Change that will do us all in.  LOL lol

Certain entities will always use fear to manipulate the gullible.  It always works so it's tried and true.

It always hinges on 'being morally superior' by believing.  "I care-you dont".  lol 

Edited by kav

26 minutes ago, Spideyham said:

What everyone is overlooking is that there are millions of new collectors out there introduced to comics thanks to all the superhero movies.  

Do you have any sources to back up that there are "millions of new collectors" due to the movies? I definitely would say there are millions of new superhero fans. But if Comichron numbers and what I see at my LCS is any indication, they aren't buying comics. 

Edited by SBRobin

40 minutes ago, Spideyham said:

What everyone is overlooking is that there are millions of new collectors out there introduced to comics thanks to all the superhero movies.   That being said, the amount of Hulk 181s out there isn't enough to satisfy all the new collectors. 

I didn’t overlook that. It’s kinda an obvious, like the sun rises in the east. 

How many of these “millions new to collecting” people watch the latest Wolverine sequel/reboot/retool/ re-whatever and drop over 1 to 2 grand (or more) on a low grade Wolverine’s first appearance? How many drop 10 grand (or more) on a High grade? 

It’s wishful thinking. 

Edited by NoMan

41 minutes ago, SBRobin said:

Do you have any sources to back up that there are "millions of new collectors" due to the movies? I definitely would say there are millions of new superhero fans. But if Comichron numbers and what I see at my LCS is any indication, they aren't buying comics. 

In my 'how many comic collectors in the US' thread the best estimates-and there were valid logic behind them-were there are about one million collectors.  I dont think the movies have doubled tripled or whatever the number of comic buyers.  Marvel sales figs would reflect that.

2 hours ago, kav said:

10 years later, it's fine. Another 10 years. Nope, you guys were :screwy: for thinking this wouldn't go up forever. 10 years later, no-, oh wait, oh shhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii how did I not see this coming... :tonofbricks:

584081606_turkeytaleb.png.56d37607ee20251dc73c6b22c941eff0.png

Just now, delekkerste said:

10 years later, it's fine. Another 10 years. Nope, you guys were :screwy: for thinking this wouldn't go up forever. 10 years later, no-, oh wait, oh shhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii how did I not see this coming... :tonofbricks:

584081606_turkeytaleb.png.56d37607ee20251dc73c6b22c941eff0.png

Aw damn.