• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBay app only coupon code is PSAVETODAY 15% off
2 2

121 posts in this topic

I wonder why the want to push use of the app and not the PC. Any ideas? Just to start a habit perhaps?

I also sold a book that has gone unsold in the past. I relisted it this morning and sold a few hours later. $30 but that is $30 all profit!

Just now, Old_Man_Adam said:

Good deal either way 15% one item up to $100 correct ?

I didn't look at today's coupon terms but you can usually use it on more than one item if you put them in your cart and pay all at once.

I bought a Mighty Midget set of 4 for $85 pre-coupon; I had offered $80 last week and he declined but I didn't go for his $85 counter. the coupon made that difference go away essentially.

16 minutes ago, Bird said:

I didn't look at today's coupon terms but you can usually use it on more than one item if you put them in your cart and pay all at once.

I bought a Mighty Midget set of 4 for $85 pre-coupon; I had offered $80 last week and he declined but I didn't go for his $85 counter. the coupon made that difference go away essentially.

Very cool - thanks !

17 minutes ago, Greenlake said:

I added a book from MCS to my cart on eBay maybe a week ago and was thinking about getting the app to use this coupon, but it turns out they let the eBay listing expire yesterday even though it's still unsold on their site. :facepalm:

In my experience it is almost always cheaper on their website anyway?  I see 10-20% markup differences between their website and ebay list to account for comissions and shipping.

8 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

In my experience it is almost always cheaper on their website anyway?  I see 10-20% markup differences between their website and ebay list to account for comissions and shipping.

That's true without the discount. They mark it up on eBay, but if you go through their site they add a 3% fee on consignments and charge separately for shipping. For this book, the 15% off coupon would end up about 8% off versus their website.

Edited by Greenlake

8 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

You are right on 10% or less all the time. But with 15% off depends on the price point. I buy from MCS frequently by the way directly but today I am getting a MCS slab on ebay for $200 with free shipping @%15 off or $170.

When you factor in the 3% consignment fee you have to pay plus the $5 shipping, 15% off is gonna be better on eBay. You will save $14 more.

From ebay = $170 (free shipping)

From MCS = slab there is listed at $174 + 3% + $5 shipping = $184