• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will be at C2E2 in Chicago this weekend. First ever comic book convention, yay! Want to bring in some books for CGC to grade. Other tips on C2E2? Also can't see who will be signing.

9 posts in this topic

Long time collector, first time caller, first time convention visitor.  I've heard bringing books in physically to CGC at conventions gets them graded faster.  I have a "premier" CGC membership - 150 credit.

I'd like to have graded: TMNT #3 (first print), Avengers #32, Amazing Spider-Man #72, Marvel Super Heroes #21, possibly X-Factor #6 and G.I. Joe #1.

Anything I need to bring, other than my books and my member #?  Any other tips on C2E2?  I've heard so much about this festival, but have never been to it yet.

I'm having trouble seeing who will be signing at the festival when I check "Autographing Full Schedule."  What am I missing?

First time I'm going to get signatures as well but C2E2 is local to me so I've been here several times, you'll have tons of fun!  The app is helpful, I found it kinda confusing on how to get signatures as well but found if you like the specific artist on the app, you can check back in by looking at your likes and that makes a quick list that you can use when you're at the event.

I know filling out the online form to drop off at the site but not sure if I wanted to get signatures as well as graded.  Can anyone answer this one?

22 minutes ago, lordisam said:

Thanks, all!  Jose_25 great question.  I looked through Artists Alley.  Didn't see any of the ppl I wanted.  (Eastman, Laird, Hama, Shooter, Mike Zeck.)

Next time, check the website to see the guests list.  You will know who will come to the show.

If you are going back to the show tomorrow or Sunday, you check it out at https://www.c2e2.com/Guests/Comic-Guests/

Thanks, all! I had a great time at C2E2!!  My first con ever, and I am 100% going back!  Got five books graded on site.  Plus one wide book sent off site (TMNT #3), and was crazy lucky enough to get George Perez to sign THREE Infinity Gauntlet #1's and have them witnessed by CGC and taken off site for Sig Series grading.  The C2E2 staff kept telling us at the back of the line we had a slim chance of getting him to sign, since it was the end of the day... but Mr. Perez powered through and we got er done!!!  (My understanding was Sunday was his last day ever at a convention, or at least away from his home base of Atlanta.)

I love that you can bring cash and bargain with the dealers.  It was the most power I felt as a buyer because there are hundreds of sellers and you can always go to another one.  (Instead of the usual "Well, we're the only store in your neighborhood, so if you want this book, you gotta pay what we say..")

Haggled for a decent price for this sweet baby and then took her straight to CGC for on site grading!!  (New Mutants #98 - got a CGC 9.4!)

And of course, met Wayne and Garth.

C2E2-NM98.jpg

C2E2-Waynes World.jpg

Edited by lordisam