• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Planet Comics #51
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Thank you for the opinions everyone. Now I'm wondering if I get the book which way would be better to go - Blue label 2.5 - 3.0 or Green label 7.0? Seems like there are a lot of differing opinions on this topic. If I get the book the only reason I would sell it down the road would be to upgrade the copy. I've seen other copies of Planet Comics #51 in raw 1 - 4.0 and even Blue label 4.0 that don't look as nice as this copy (beat up covers, fading cover inks) which is why I was considering getting this copy.

33 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Thank you for the opinions everyone. Now I'm wondering if I get the book which way would be better to go - Blue label 2.5 - 3.0 or Green label 7.0? Seems like there are a lot of differing opinions on this topic. If I get the book the only reason I would sell it down the road would be to upgrade the copy. I've seen other copies of Planet Comics #51 in raw 1 - 4.0 and even Blue label 4.0 that don't look as nice as this copy (beat up covers, fading cover inks) which is why I was considering getting this copy.

All grading is a gamble.... Here's a thread that may help you decide. There's mention of a 7.0 blue label. Personally, I'd gamble.

I'd rather have a blue label, even if it's at a much lower grade. 2.5 - 3.0 is the correct range. I'd lean toward the 3.0 because it's such a nice book, and it's only got two punch holes instead of three. A really good question and a great looking copy...  (thumbsu

Edited by The Lions Den

I say 3.0. Such a nice comic otherwise.

I would buy comics in this condition from this era all day long if they looked this nice but had holes in them. It's a shame sure, but the liklihood of finding a copy as nice without is unlikely for some of these GA books.