• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing spiderman #129

11 posts in this topic

Depends on your collecting goals/preference. For me I would not slab it. I usually do not slab bronze era books that are not 9.0 or above or if I plan on selling it and it is cost effective to do so. Personal preference really in my opinion.

no, you are already into it pretty heavily (according to gpa at least) so it would not pay to slab it IMO. You could get a slabbed 5.5 for that money if you are patient.

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

no, you are already into it pretty heavily (according to gpa at least) so it would not pay to slab it IMO. You could get a slabbed 5.5 for that money if you are patient.

A CGC 4.0 sold for $700 2 weeks ago. He may have overpaid, but he didn't for sure overpay.

I gauged my response based on current listings rather than sold listings.

CGC could grade it higher than 4.0 - and in that case - I don't see any money "lost".

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

A CGC 4.0 sold for $700 2 weeks ago. He may have overpaid, but he didn't for sure overpay.

I gauged my response based on current listings rather than sold listings.

CGC could grade it higher than 4.0 - and in that case - I don't see any money "lost".

And a 5.5 sold for $685. And a 6.0 for $700 on 3/8! Like I said, if you are patient you could do much better unless he desperately wanted lower than a 5.0!

You know what you paid, you know what you think the grade will be (of course grading skills are subjective, as is the level of confidence in one's own grading skills).  You can look up how much it will cost to grade it, including shipping, insurance, (pressing?) etc.  You can look up sales history on GPA analysis, to get an idea of what the graded value will be.  You know what your own financial/sentimental/personal criteria/situation are better than any of us ever will.  Run the numbers, see if they work for you and your collecting/financial goals.  Good luck.