• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 March Madness - Round of 6
1 1

69 posts in this topic

Actually, unless I'm missing something my score should be 85, not 90.
I was .5 off on the JLA (15 points) and got the other three (20x3=60 points + 10 points bonus).

BOTM, can you doublecheck Black Adam's score to be sure?

Edited by Point Five

13 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Actually, unless I'm missing something my score should be 85, not 90.
I was .5 off on the JLA (15 points) and got the other three (20x3=60 points + 10 points bonus).

BOTM, can you doublecheck Black Adam's score to be sure?

20x3 = 15 bonus

I cant get enough of this enough of this grading stuff! Playing from home I scored a 57 with one bullseye. Respectable, but i'm clearly not in Point Five and Black_Adam's league! Oh and then there's the fact that I bombed the previous 2 rounds so...:tonofbricks: But hey this is fun lol, no pressure 'cause I'm already out. You guys are doing awesome. Best of luck to those in that 4 way tie!

Point Five...(worship)

9 minutes ago, flashlites said:

I cant get enough of this enough of this grading stuff! Playing from home I scored a 57 with one bullseye. Respectable, but i'm clearly not in Point Five and Black_Adam's league! Oh and then there's the fact that I bombed the previous 2 rounds so...:tonofbricks: But hey this is fun lol, no pressure 'cause I'm already out. You guys are doing awesome. Best of luck to those in that 4 way tie!

Point Five...(worship)

Thanks! But whew, tough competition and I've been scoring middle-of-the-pack through the whole contest. This was a good time to have a good round.

4 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Thanks! But whew, tough competition and I've been scoring middle-of-the-pack through the whole contest. This was a good time to have a good round.

Your the odds on favorite! Whats with Krazy Kat was it a 3 or 3.5? I see it now CGC 3.5,contest grade 3.0 due to the double cover.

Edited by flashlites

My initial guesses were 4.0, 3.0, 8.0 and 4.5. But at the last second I convinced myself there was no way that water-logged X-Men was a higher grade than the JLA and bumped it down to a 4.0. :tonofbricks:

Best of luck to the finalists. No pressure!

Mine were 4.5, 3.0, 9.0, and 4.5.

I toyed with 4.0 for the JL, but there wasn't anything super major. The Krazykat was a pretty standard 3.0, but I waffled between that and 3.5 for a bit. Unless there are large(r) missing pieces, or it's reallllllly raggedy, you generally don't get below the 3.0 range. I waffled with the My Love, too. That BLC on the back cover was a stumper. I thought about 8.5, but you can't second guess yourself forever. The X-Men was pretty easy, too, but one more quarter grade off, and I would have been out.

May still be! 

11 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

5.0? With that chunk out of the BLC?

:screwy:

Ah well, that was fun. Thanks!

yeah, what a generous grade for this one. I'd like to see what the book's official grade is. The interior cover if intact must be in decent shape. But that outer cover with a quarter size missing piece was given a gift.  

But I'm happy with how far I got! It was my first time competing, and I look forward to the next one. Grats to @TheGeneral and all those who are in the final.  Good luck!  Now I'll go dig up something for the prize thread. heh