• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 March Madness - Round of 6
1 1

69 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, speedcake said:

Also interesting that all four of us were essentially on the same page as far as grade for this one, and we all got smoked by the actual. 

If the book was flawless except for that chunk, I would have graded it 5.0 without hesitation. But it has serious, severe spine stress, to the point of tearing, along with color breaking creasing, dirt, and tears along the edges. Golden Age bump, for sure.

That's why this game has quite a bit of luck. ;) S'all good, yo!

1 hour ago, speedcake said:

Also interesting that all four of us were essentially on the same page as far as grade for this one, and we all got smoked by the actual. 

It's bananas. When BOTM posted the book last night and I was playing along at home, I was torn between 3.0 and 3.5. With great effort and a large glass of wine I might have gotten to 4.0.

9 minutes ago, Point Five said:

It's bananas. When BOTM posted the book last night and I was playing along at home, I was torn between 3.0 and 3.5. With great effort and a large glass of wine I might have gotten to 4.0.

When I saw it last night I thought 4.0, but then I bumped it to 4.5 because many of these seem to be going higher then I thought.  But if I was actually in the OT game, I probably would have talked myself down to the 4.0. 

Congrats to the tourney Cinderella marmat and TheGeneral on making it to the finals!

Edited by toro

FINAL RESULTS FOR THE ROUND OF 6

SEED FOR CGC POST WINNER
8 marmat 11-8 [75] TIE
3 RockMyAmadeus 18-5 [75] TIE

2 speedcake 20-4 [57] TIE
1 TheGeneral 20-2 [57] TIE

5 Point Five 14-6 [90] Winner
2 Black_Adam 16-3 [75]  

ot.jpg.29c7f0cdd148ee970e0c0fe99f79806e.jpg

@marmat 82(OT) WINNER

@RockMyAmadeus 77

@speedcake 59

@TheGeneral 64(OT) WINNER

@Point Five 90 WINNER (Advances to Final Round)

@Black_Adam 75

Edited by sckao