• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 9

158 posts in this topic

a: the byes were a bad idea from the get-go. not an evil idea, just a bad way to deal with an uneven number of competitors. the benefit is that we all have learned that byes are not the way to go next time. had to happen sooner or later, might as well be this contest.

b: the byes offer a HUGE advantage to the players who receive them. this is indisputable.

c: the byes are random. the significance of this is apparant on its face.

d: by his own admission, RedHook is a lucky futhermucker. the man can't grade a scan on the internet worth fashizzle, but wow he's got a leprechaun wearing a rabbit foot coat or something up his kiester. please note that i have no ability to grade a scan over the internet as well, so it's not like he and i are all that different in this regard. my keister is free of leprechauns, sprites and other wee beasties from the Emerald Isle, though.

e: quitters never win, and winners never quit. drama queens often do, however, and there's nothing wrong with that. to thine own self be true.

f: i forget what f is for.

g: thank you to ComicSupply and BellaDonna for running an entertaining contest, and thanks to the competitors for just being you

I would add this.......I have to admit to playing a little fast and loose with my grades in this contest as opposed to the last one. Also, the higher % of bronze and moderns has thrown me a little. If I was going to be earning points per round based on accuracy of scan, I like to think I would have graded a little tighter.

I'm still lucky though.

Hey all!

I just want to say congrats to the winners and the people still in the contest!

Unfortunately, the people doing construction next door messed up my internet for a whole week (last tuesday until today) and I missed the last few rounds frown.gif

Somehow, I do think Aces was involved in me losing my internet, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore! tongue.gif

I'll be back for the next grading contest!

Just an FYI that rather than deal with the lynch mob that surely awaits me and this Bye, I have withdrawn from the contest.

So you can all put away your torches and pitchforks. I'm done. insane.gif

Typical. Well, at least you're consistent in one thing, quiting. Good riddance.

0% of the players in the Mega Losers Bracket have received a bye in a previous round (not counting JC).

I probably just don't understand what you're saying here, but I had a buy in the Mega Losers bracket a couple rounds ago.

Thanks, and just about anyone could see this setup coming a mile away. I guess I do deserve CS's poke for my anti-Bye stance, but I am not going to take more abuse from the rest of you.

Just an FYI that rather than deal with the lynch mob that surely awaits me and this Bye, I have withdrawn from the contest.

So you can all put away your torches and pitchforks. I'm done. insane.gif

how many contests have been run in the past 18 months since i've been here?

i think 5.

how many did JC participate in??

i think 2. (although he was quite vociferous in the team grading contest threads, he didn't compete - just accused team captains of making their own calls and disregarding their teammates).

how many did JC quit when it became reasonably apparent that he wouldn't win? (or for whatever reason).

Actuarily speaking this is not a statistically valid sample, but it does put JC at 100% quitting............. blush.gif

Why do you people care what I do?

I quit these contests when the benefit I receive from participating is far outweighed by the peanut gallery insulting and trolling me.

Once I got the Bye, I simply reached that point.

1545.gif VS. 6165.jpg

Place your bets. When placing the bet make sure you use the terminology "Way More". gossip.gif

I betcha $100 we'll hear "way more" out of JC before he leaves "for good" again. 27_laughing.gif

Would you say that Fan4Fan's avatar is way bigger than mine? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1545.gif VS. 6165.jpg

Place your bets. When placing the bet make sure you use the terminology "Way More". gossip.gif

I betcha $100 we'll hear "way more" out of JC before he leaves "for good" again. 27_laughing.gif

Would you say that Fan4Fan's avatar is way bigger than mine? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry, I don't like looking at guys' "avatars," let alone comparing their sizes! stooges.gif

Holy Carp, I dont look in the Grading/Resto forum for a few days, only to now see there are 357 unread posts. 893whatthe.gif

Can somebody please sum up what went down in one sentence for those of us who might be time challenged.

Or does the last page of this thread sum up all the other various threads and posts?

JC quit something.......... again.....Is that it?

What did all of you meanies do to JC now?

wink.gif

Ze-

What did all of you meanies do to JC now?

confused-smiley-013.gif Well I beat him at grading a book. Don't know if this helps answer your question.

And I tied with 'lok... who beat him at grading a book... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif