• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Con - July 24th. Who's gonna be there?

14 posts in this topic

I was there, and thought it seemed more crowded than usual. I arrived at 11 something and had to wait in line, which never used to happen. I found myself waiting at dealer tables longer, too. Good for the organizers, I'd like to see the show stick around.

I got a great Brave and Bold #12 this time, among other gems.

Yeah, I thought that Artist Alley was kinda shoved in a corner, not terribly easy to get to at first, maybe that's the way it always is, I don't know as this was my first con. The good thing for me, as a collector, is that the area wasn't terribly crowded and I got a chance to have a nice chat with Ron Frenz and with Dan Slott.

There was a nice variety of comics to be found, I was impressed by one seller who had 4 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #1, unfortunately Ted's Superworld didn't have as much nice inventory since he said most of it was in a truck, on the way back from San Diego.

It was definitely a cool convention, with tons of comics, and a lot of nice original art to be found, I'll definitely be back! smile.gif

That was probably the best of the Fred Greenberg/ Great Eastern Convetnion shows. I know they had a couple of big shows after that (Jae Lee?) but that McFarlane one was crazy. I've been going to shows there for a LONG time and that was the craziest one I ever saw.

I was there, and thought it seemed more crowded than usual. I arrived at 11 something and had to wait in line, which never used to happen. I found myself waiting at dealer tables longer, too. Good for the organizers, I'd like to see the show stick around.

The BB12 was from me! Or, from my good friend who was set up with me. Thanks for stopping by!

I had a lot of fun looking at Ted's stuff, which wasn't his regular stuff. Does he have a third set of stuff he can bring? :-)

I hate to say it, but here it goes: I sold a lot of Valiant. Seriously. Commons, pre-unity, premiums - it was all being seriously pawed over...

The BB12 was from me! Or, from my good friend who was set up with me. Thanks for stopping by!

I had a lot of fun looking at Ted's stuff, which wasn't his regular stuff. Does he have a third set of stuff he can bring? :-)

So you must be the guy who sold me the Justice League #121! hi.gif Nice doing business with you and your friend - sorry I almost forgot to pay him! tongue.gif My excuse is that my fiancee and I were starting a 7-day detox program with a fast - when you saw me I had literally eaten 3 crackers in the last 36 hours. Fortunately I live close to a commuter rail, so I was able to get there without driving. Anyway, I was just slightly out of sorts and so excited to get the book that I took a step before thinking, "Hmm...I have $60 in this hand. Where did it come from? Why am I holding on to it? Oh, yeah, I need to pay this guy!" 27_laughing.gif

I think that Ted (Superworld) definitely had different stuff this time, because he had grades I could afford! In the past I've walked by his booth and looked at his stuff, but it's all way out of line with what I'm prepared to pay. Nice stuff though. Sunday I bought an FF #39 from him in VG or so for $20.

I'm glad you had a good show and sold lots of Valiant. Out of curiosity, what do you think is the best Valiant title?

So you must be the guy who sold me the Justice League #121! hi.gif Nice doing business with you and your friend - sorry I almost forgot to pay him! tongue.gif My excuse is that my fiancee and I were starting a 7-day detox program with a fast - when you saw me I had literally eaten 3 crackers in the last 36 hours. Fortunately I live close to a commuter rail, so I was able to get there without driving. Anyway, I was just slightly out of sorts and so excited to get the book that I took a step before thinking, "Hmm...I have $60 in this hand. Where did it come from? Why am I holding on to it? Oh, yeah, I need to pay this guy!" 27_laughing.gif

I think that Ted (Superworld) definitely had different stuff this time, because he had grades I could afford! In the past I've walked by his booth and looked at his stuff, but it's all way out of line with what I'm prepared to pay. Nice stuff though. Sunday I bought an FF #39 from him in VG or so for $20.

I'm glad you had a good show and sold lots of Valiant. Out of curiosity, what do you think is the best Valiant title?

Hmmm. Best Valiant title. Well, I'm a big fan of Solar 1-11, it was always my favorite story and BWS art. It's Shooter at his best, IMO. That's the best title to read for someone wanting to know what all the fuss is about. Hard to go wrong with Magnus 1-4 as well. Unfrotunately, the TPBs for these are all out of print and just as expensive as the comics themselves, so you are better off collecting the issues.

If I was going to recommend the best title to 'collect', I would go with Harbinger. Rai would be second. Low print runs and Harbinger coupon books. There's an outside chance at adding X-O to that list, as it's probably the best pop-culture movie-type property they have.

I had forgotten you purchased the JLA. I think it was the only book sold out of the bronze/silver DC boxes. Oh, sold a Kamandi 4 as well. Rather than be discouraged by this, I am expanding the bronze/silver DCs I'm bringing to WW Chicago. Just a glutton for punishment. :-)