• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS problems
1 1

48 posts in this topic

I'm currently waiting an hour+ to get a call back from USPS to talk to them about it, hopefully I can prove they were shipped correctly.....

But I wonder if in the future that my packages will be "forwarded" before getting to my door step....

Everything on ebay looks like the correct address, I'll check PayPal too

I wouldn’t think you were hacked, maybe a Delay in the system update. 🤷🏼‍♂️@ADAMANTIUM  , maybe the postman knew you were home, and just forgot to get the signature, or didn’t bother you with it if they know you well enough. 

1 minute ago, nepatkm said:

I wouldn’t think you were hacked, maybe a Delay in the system update. 🤷🏼‍♂️@ADAMANTIUM  , maybe the postman knew you were home, and just forgot to get the signature, or didn’t bother you with it if they know you well enough. 

lol :pullhair: haha, my postman knows me, but doh! I'll have to tell him I want to sign then ........just cause I don't want the seller's to fret! I think I did the right thing by leaving the seller's positive feedback, but there may be "uncouth" buyers out there who would take advantage of a situation like this :makepoint: 

51 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

well I got off the phone with USPS, they're going to send out someone for me to sign for the package after verifying my info and that I am's who's I say's I yam's :foryou: 

SO no worries, other than I still have to be home for it....

They seem to be off their game recently. Recently bought a book from one of our sales threads and the seller sent it USPS with Sig confirmation.

Driver drove up, handed me the box and just started to drive away. I ran up and asked if this required a signature and they said they didn't know. Once she checked her gizmo, she apologized and said "yes, it does" and we completed the transaction.

This is my regular carrier for 8 years and has delivered dozens of sig required parcels without missing a beat. Not sure what is going on with them.

1 minute ago, bc said:

They seem to be off their game recently. Recently bought a book from one of our sales threads and the seller sent it USPS with Sig confirmation.

Driver drove up, handed me the box and just started to drive away. I ran up and asked if this required a signature and they said they didn't know. Once she checked her gizmo, she apologized and said "yes, it does" and we completed the transaction.

This is my regular carrier for 8 years and has delivered dozens of sig required parcels without missing a beat. Not sure what is going on with them.

And here I told the rep that it must have been someone new :eek: I'd hate to think it was my normal carrier......

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

And here I told the rep that it must have been someone new :eek: I'd hate to think it was my normal carrier......

She's a cutie, always make sure to greet her at the truck and be extra polite :)

14 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The postman, even though I was home, did not ring my door for signature and instead left the 2 packages on my doorstep...

I left positive feedback on eBay for the 2 packages including the one with Sig confirmation

But

The tracking for bot packages doesn't say "delivered", it says "forwarded" ???

Does that mean that I was hacked and almost didn't get my packages? Or did the postman signed for my package and hit the wrong button?

This is not uncommon with me at least. I've had that happen a number of times. Non USPS carriers are strict about signatures though. I'm fortunate because the housing association where I live provides us with a central location within short walking distance where mail packages are delivered to a parcel locker. A few times sig packages were left at my door when they were too big to fit in the locker. The tracking often times says something like..."signed for by CC" or "delivered in or at mail box" or even "signed for by individual" which freaked me out the first time I saw that one! I think they do that with me because I get so many packages to the point where they know me and I actually prefer to avoid signing. I'd think its probably less of a hassle for the carrier as well. Registered mail is a different story in that they'll never leave it anywhere other than with the recipient. Have you thought about getting a PO Box?

I always try my darndest to avoid signature on USPS due to their terrible tracking system but majority of times shippers insist on it. USPS is overwhelmed and underfunded but such is the government

Edited by MGsimba77