• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS problems
1 1

48 posts in this topic

I have a different USPS problem - I bought a book from eBay that the tracking shows as being delivered, only I never got it. Going back and forth with the seller now over trying to see if we can locate it. I was hoping that it was delivered to a neighboring building by mistake, but it's been 4 days now and no one has brought it by... 

4 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I have a different USPS problem - I bought a book from eBay that the tracking shows as being delivered, only I never got it. Going back and forth with the seller now over trying to see if we can locate it. I was hoping that it was delivered to a neighboring building by mistake, but it's been 4 days now and no one has brought it by... 

You should speak to your carrier about this or go to your local post office and have them look into it

On 4/4/2019 at 5:40 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had that caliber presents #1... come to me this week via media mail from Orlando Florida, shipped last Saturday estimated to arrive tomorrow Friday, but came yesterday Wednesday.....today being Thursday...

I'm in Dallas though....

FYI --- All media mail going out of state from that area and Tampa goes to Jacksonville FL first processing

Looks like the March Madness prize I sent to @1Cool  is under a similar delay - though not sure why since it going from Phoenix to Ohio. Was sent 2 days priority mail Wednesday morning. Bummer

April 4, 2019, 11:12 pm
Processing Exception, Other Delay
PHOENIX, AZ 85043 
Your shipment has potentially been delayed due to emergency or other conditions at 11:12 pm on April 4, 2019 in PHOENIX, AZ 85043.

Postal service works on a shoe string budget. They're vastly underfunded, their equipment & tracking system is antiquated. This obviously results in massive inefficiency! As someone that depends on them more than I'd like it would be nice to see them fully privatize but that's unworkable due to a number of reasons. I mainly use them because it's not always possible to fully insure packages with other carriers.

The X-Men 97 I recently posted was sent priority and got here late. Was sent from California to Miami. It was supposed to get here Friday in which I took off early from work to be home for the signature. Ended up losing a half day of work for nothing waiting around all day for these clowns to show up & of course they didn't. Showed up the next day dropped off at my door. Who knows how long the box was just sitting there?...a book worth ~1.5 - 2k mind you. That example is just the tip of the iceberg.  

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

Postal service works on a shoe string budget. They're vastly underfunded, their equipment & tracking system is antiquated. This obviously results in massive inefficiency! As someone that depends on them more than I'd like it would be nice to see them fully privatize but that's unworkable due to a number of reasons. I mainly use them because it's not always possible to fully insure packages with other carriers.

The X-Men 97 I recently posted was sent priority and got here late. Was sent from California to Miami. It was supposed to get here Friday in which I took off early from work to be home for the signature. Ended up losing a half day of work for nothing waiting around all day for these clowns to show up & of course they didn't. Showed up the next day dropped off at my door. Who knows how long the box was just sitting there?...a book worth ~1.5 - 2k mind you. That example is just the tip of the iceberg.  

If you have a shipping and receiving and/or receptionist at your place of work (and they do not mind), I would strongly suggest you change your shipping address to that location-- especially for items that are so expensive. No more need to take off from work for a package that might be running late. I would say a PO Box but some sellers refuse to send to those for some reason. I used to do this with my season tickets from the Tampa Bay Bucs after finding thousands of dollars worth of tickets in a flat rate envelope just left in front of my door a couple of years in a row. Changing that ship to address sure took away any fear of having that stuff disappear.

Overall-- my experience with the post office has been very positive. They continue to modernize- more so than even UPS or Fed Ex imo (daily emails with scans of what is coming in the mail today- for example). Mail carriers and other delivery people are put under some fairly tight work conditions. Of course some are just bad at their jobs or blatantly cheating the system leaving stuff that requires signature or even faking signatures. But that happens just as much if not more with the private delivery services so I am not sure they would have done any better. I mean-- I've seen UPS guys ring the bell, drop the box and run back to their truck and try to leave before you have a second to get out to the door. This has led to a ton of thieves manipulating the system and stealing packages as they are delivered. Another good reason to change delivery addresses to places that have constant attendants like a receiving department or reception area.

Sorry you had a problem and glad it sort of worked out (didn't lose your item).

I have a package from California coming to NY.  It just states "in transit arriving late".  I have no idea of the package location either.  So if it gets scanned delivered now and I don't receive it, I am out $100.  Great. 

On 4/5/2019 at 8:24 PM, 01TheDude said:

Looks like the March Madness prize I sent to @1Cool  is under a similar delay - though not sure why since it going from Phoenix to Ohio. Was sent 2 days priority mail Wednesday morning. Bummer

April 4, 2019, 11:12 pm
Processing Exception, Other Delay
PHOENIX, AZ 85043 
Your shipment has potentially been delayed due to emergency or other conditions at 11:12 pm on April 4, 2019 in PHOENIX, AZ 85043.

Mine shows delivered on time yesterday. I guess the alerts/warnings were more a CYA proposition.

14 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

If you have a shipping and receiving and/or receptionist at your place of work (and they do not mind), I would strongly suggest you change your shipping address to that location-- especially for items that are so expensive. No more need to take off from work for a package that might be running late.

Nah that's not an option since I work in a bakery. Maybe I'd consider it if they gave me a delivery time frame but I don't keep consistent working hours since the baking work load dictates how long I'm there. Even though I trust my co workers I still wouldn't want it laying around there anywhere near the heat from ovens etc, etc. I'd have to trust whomever received it to immediately take it to the office assuming its even open? 

FedEx has a drop off option for all packages at any Walgreens. You could re-route the package to your nearby Walgreens while it's in transit. Be nice if USPS did that since I have one near me. Yeah It'd be very convenient to be in an office with a reception area that's for sure!

The biggest frustration is that as far as I know USPS's hold mail option is not available for signature priority mail packages so they still attempt delivery even when alerting them no one will be home to sign :pullhair: ! Can't remember how many times I've tried getting them to avoid these delivery attempts to no avail!!! It's frustrating! 

I mean more times than not things go well with USPS but there's definitely issues

Shipped a book on the 27th, First Class USPS from AZ.

28th it went to Catano Puerto Rico,

29th it went to San Juan Puerto Rico then departed PR,

31st (today) it's In Transit (hopefully towards its destination (TX)).

So... 1st class mail from AZ>>TX via 2-day stop in PR???? ???

On 4/4/2019 at 9:24 PM, jsilverjanet said:
On 4/4/2019 at 8:40 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had that caliber presents #1... come to me this week via media mail from Orlando Florida, shipped last Saturday estimated to arrive tomorrow Friday, but came yesterday Wednesday.....today being Thursday...

I'm in Dallas though....

I don’t consider Florida east coast 

source.gif

I have a USPS problem...

I had 3 packages delivered last week...

2 were on the same day

1 of those 2 required signature confirmation

The postman, even though I was home, did not ring my door for signature and instead left the 2 packages on my doorstep...

I left positive feedback on eBay for the 2 packages including the one with Sig confirmation

But

The tracking for bot packages doesn't say "delivered", it says "forwarded" ???

Does that mean that I was hacked and almost didn't get my packages? Or did the postman signed for my package and hit the wrong button?

:ohnoez: @nepatkm since your around lol