• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Batman 181 part 2
1 1

15 posts in this topic

color breaking spine creases, color loss spine wear, color wear with loss at bottom front cover, right lower corner 1/4" color breaking crease, edge wear with slight color loss, light foxing on front cover whites, moderate foxing / dust shadow top of back cover.   strong colors, lies flat with no large creases

CGC 6.0

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

5.5, and I debated if it was 5.0. Pin-up intact?

pinup is intact.

I was going a little higher on the grade, closer to 6.5 or 7. Was trying to compare with actually graded books for better comparison.

1 hour ago, Avi said:

pinup is intact.

I was going a little higher on the grade, closer to 6.5 or 7. Was trying to compare with actually graded books for better comparison.

I agree, I'd think an easy 7.0. Strong colors, not much wrong with it?

On 4/9/2019 at 2:08 AM, davet75 said:

color breaking spine creases, color loss spine wear, color wear with loss at bottom front cover, right lower corner 1/4" color breaking crease, edge wear with slight color loss, light foxing on front cover whites, moderate foxing / dust shadow top of back cover.   strong colors, lies flat with no large creases 

Whew. I'm glad you added in the sentence at the end! I was going to tell him he should just throw the book out. :D

Just now, Avi said:

Thanks...so maybe after a clean and press can get to 6.5

We'll never know 100% until you try. :wink: 

It's been said many times, you have the book in hand, we only have a 2 dimensional representation, so you should have a better idea, and I don't like to second guess cleaning and pressing, but there's been plenty of winners with it. (thumbsu

21 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Here's a 6.5 that was posted up recently Avi. 

Sure, but without seeing the back cover of that one, it's hard to guess why it was graded a 6.5. The front looks great but the back could look like it was gnawed by beavers.

If the scans here are accurate, the OP's book has exceptional color snap and not a lot wrong with it. I'd be surprised if it didn't grade a 7.0 as is. I'm also not so sure the slight ink loss along the bottom edge wouldn't be discounted as a production defect, as I've seen a number of #181s with varying degrees of it.

5 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Sure, but without seeing the back cover of that one, it's hard to guess why it was graded a 6.5. The front looks great but the back could look like it was gnawed by beavers.

If the scans here are accurate, the OP's book has exceptional color snap and not a lot wrong with it. I'd be surprised if it didn't grade a 7.0 as is. I'm also not so sure the slight ink loss along the bottom edge wouldn't be discounted as a production defect, as I've seen a number of #181s with varying degrees of it.

That may be true concerning the back cover lol I've only given it as a guideline for Avi to go by. Personally, I'm still at a 6.0 as it is