• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting books to CGC

20 posts in this topic

I've never submitted a book to CGC for grading. Once I make up my mind as to what books I want to submit how best should I go about it? Should I join the Collectors Society and submit direct or should I go through a retailer?

In another post I submitted a scan of my Iron Man #4 here for you great folks to grade for me, and thanks so much for taking the time to do that. Anyway, if I wanted to submit that book, how much $ am I looking at to get it graded? How long can I expect to wait for it to be returned. Shipping hints?

Thanks for all your help. This is a great board with lots of helpful and knowledable people. Probably the best board I've ever join.

Here's the page describing CGC's services and pricing:

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/

Basically, just figure out the best estimate of the value of the comic, than look at the 'Maximum Value per book' column. Whichever service your book fits into is a service you can use. For example, if you have a book valued at $795, you can use any service but Economy.

And here's their page on shipping guidelines:

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/shipping_books.htm

Oh, and welcome to the boards thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the links. Just a couple of questions. What does the Maximum value per book refer to? Does it refer to the OSPG value for NM or does it refer to the value at what CGC grade the book at?

Also do you recommend I submit directly or go through a retailer?

Seriously, Jack hadn't been here very long, but already he is helping others out.

A good example and I am pointing that out. I love 35% of the Old School by the way. insane.gif

Thanks for the links. Just a couple of questions. What does the Maximum value per book refer to? Does it refer to the OSPG value for NM or does it refer to the value at what CGC grade the book at?

Also do you recommend I submit directly or go through a retailer?

The maximum value refers generally to the OSPG for the grade you assign the book. If the graded value is substantially higher, CGC may call you to bump the book up to the appropriate service level.

You should submit through a retailer, like Heritage, Colossus Comics, Comiclink, Pedigree, etc. Basically, you'll go through their website and fill out the same CGC submission forms, and you'll get a 20% or so discount on the cost of the grading. You then need to package the books and send them directly to CGC.

Good luck and welcome to the boards.

Seriously, Jack hadn't been here very long, but already he is helping others out.

A good example and I am pointing that out. I love 35% of the Old School by the way. insane.gif

sumo.gif

sumo.gif

What are you ramblin about....your "New School" ! screwy.gif

27_laughing.gif

sumo.gif
893blahblah.gif
Your new school too poke2.gif

Feel free to PM me with any questions you have on the submission process. The first time is the hardest, but you'll be submitting like a pro in no time... thumbsup2.gif

You coming to Hickory on Saturday? makepoint.gif

No, I'm stuck here in Phoenix until mid August, and then I'm taking a week off! headbang.gif

Buy a DC ba horror book in my honor!

Feel free to PM me with any questions you have on the submission process. The first time is the hardest, but you'll be submitting like a pro in no time... thumbsup2.gif

No, I'm stuck here in Phoenix until mid August, and then I'm taking a week off! headbang.gif

screwy.gif

screwy.gif

confused-smiley-013.giftonofbricks.gif