• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay listings in the GA section for $83, from China with different 0 feedback sellers.
3 3

22 posts in this topic

I just reported this one today. The real listing ended a few days ago and I recognized it immediately. It was taken down (I think) pretty quickly.

I do feel that there has to be more to this scam than just for the price of the book. I noticed that this one was a sponsored listing which I know costs more. Why pay extra for a fake listing that's priced so low that it's a very obvious scam? 

The listing still shows up in sold listings with a green price. But if I click the item the page is gone. Will it eventually disappear all together? This makes it seem like someone bought it unless you try to view the listing.

Screenshot_2019-05-15-06-56-00.png

Screen shot 2019-05-15 at 2.16.38 PM.png

47 minutes ago, BriD. said:

I just reported this one today. The real listing ended a few days ago and I recognized it immediately. It was taken down (I think) pretty quickly.

I do feel that there has to be more to this scam than just for the price of the book. I noticed that this one was a sponsored listing which I know costs more. Why pay extra for a fake listing that's priced so low that it's a very obvious scam? 

The listing still shows up in sold listings with a green price. But if I click the item the page is gone. Will it eventually disappear all together? This makes it seem like someone bought it unless you try to view the listing.

Screenshot_2019-05-15-06-56-00.png

Screen shot 2019-05-15 at 2.16.38 PM.png

I think that they are doing it to get your name and credit card info, along with everything else address etc....