• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Fantastic Four #4 for your grading pleasure

17 posts in this topic

ff4front.jpg

What you see is what you get, no hidden defects. The back cover does have a piece of tape on the INSIDE of the cover. The previous owner thought it would be a good thing to use it to hide the tears.... confused-smiley-013.gif

ff4back.jpg

Details!

It all comes down to the damage on the back:

If it's just creases: 4.5

If it's split open: 4.0

If it affects some of the pages too: 3.5

My guess if you don't give any more info:

pushy little [embarrasing lack of self control] tongue.gif

Two of the creases on the back are split open, the rest are just...well creases

None of the interior pages are affected.

Book was given a 3.5, which I thought was harsh, but which some of you pointed out.

Another collector told me that the tape was the main reason, not the tears and that without the tape the book would have graded higher. Tape is deteriorating and letting go, so maybe I should resubmit in a few years time without the tape ?? confused-smiley-013.gif

My guess if you don't give any more info:

pushy little [embarrasing lack of self control] tongue.gif

Two of the creases on the back are split open, the rest are just...well creases

None of the interior pages are affected.

Book was given a 3.5, which I thought was harsh, but which some of you pointed out.

Another collector told me that the tape was the main reason, not the tears and that without the tape the book would have graded higher. Tape is deteriorating and letting go, so maybe I should resubmit in a few years time without the tape ?? confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice pick up if you got a good price, but tape sucks.

My FF 5 has got tape along the spine. frown.gif

Nice pick up if you got a good price, but tape sucks.

My FF 5 has got tape along the spine. frown.gif

Well, I paid more than I'm used to, as it was one of 4 I needed to get the entire FF-run, think I paid less than $400 for it. Now if I can just find a similar FF#1 893scratchchin-thumb.gif