• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Hulk 181

12 posts in this topic

the front seems to have a bend to it which I would think would look better after a press.   The spine creases wouldn't be helped and I'm guessing those large staining spots on the back wouldn't either.  The front doesn't look at that bad from that pic but adding in the staining on the back, I'd say 4.5-5.0  (better if I guessed incorrectly about what a clean could do the back)

That stain on the back, can it even be cleaned? Ditto for the stain along spine at top staple. I think the front cover will look a bit better. As is, I put it around a 4.0-4.5. After a press, I dunno. I think 5.0 would be stretching it, just because of the stains. Unless I am wrong, stains that large would not be allowed on a Fine copy so I dont think it would reach that high.

9 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I'm thinking a 4 

Nice key book for any collector (thumbsu

+1  Sadly, with the presence of what appears to be moderate wear aside from the staining, that and the wear is too much/too dark staining for a Bronze age book to hope for more than 4.0.

Edited by James J Johnson

is it me or does there look like smudging on "Canadian Super hero".

Also I don't think cleaning removes staining from what I read on CCS site about pressing and cleaning.

so I would say 4 - 4.5  range after press

5 hours ago, Krishosein said:

is it me or does there look like smudging on "Canadian Super hero".

Also I don't think cleaning removes staining from what I read on CCS site about pressing and cleaning.

so I would say 4 - 4.5  range after press

There's ways to reduce the stains to near invisibility, but only by chemical means = restored, which considering that many lower grade range restored superkey issues in today's marketplace are bringing at or near the same price as unrestored, may be a sound financially beneficial option on this book. Should ask Joey to take a peek, even though his hatred of stains is both legendary and of epic proportions, so watch what you say and tread lightly! :wishluck:

Edited by James J Johnson