• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Multiple scratched CGC cases on freshly graded books
1 1

7 posts in this topic

A total of 12% (5 total from two subs) of my books that were just graded have major scratches (some might say scuff marks). These books were delivered  to me from the CGC yesterday.

I havent had a problem like this before.

Hate to complain, but what would you do if this happened to you?

The image is from one the batgirl #23s from my sub that had very visible marks. 

20190512_184244.jpg

Well, CGC says this isn't a problem. I inspected the slabs further. Eight had major scratches/scuffs on the front, some in the center of the cover (seen above). In total 39 out of 50 slabs had pretty severe scuffs or scratches.

Here is the official response after I asked for help with the eight that had worse issues.

"Sorry for the delay.  We had management review the images and they feel that these marks are normal and within our acceptable limits.  Generally, when the marks are small and on the side or edges of the holder, this will fall within our acceptable limits.  If the marks are large and go across the middle of the book or cover design then we can reholder them at no charge.  The holders are designed to protect the book and are not designed to be completely resistant to scratches and marks. "

Edited by Twisted_Road

Who works quality control for these guys?

I've seen better plastic going ten feet into the ground and used for internet tubing.

This reminds me of an episode of GoT

"Shame...Shame...Shame..."

And who was running the email desk?

"These fall within our acceptable limits!"

"Shame...Shame...Shame"