• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Has Its Advantages

26 posts in this topic

...bid on a raw book recently, and I received notification that they inspected the book and it didn't meet the listed grade. I had the choice of exiting the transaction or making another counter-offer. thumbsup2.gif

Definitely confidence and peace of mind as compared to ordering blindly through dealers (who generally overgrade) or through eBay (who generally have no clue).

Just a feel good post for those new to collecting. Give 'em a try.

http://www.comiclink.com

...ordered on a raw book recently, and I received notification that they inspected the book and it didn't meet the listed grade. I had the choice of exiting the transaction or making another counter-offer. thumbsup2.gif

Not the way it worked for me. I just didn't receive the comics. Had to send multiple e-mails to ask about status before finally being told they were overgraded so the transaction was canceled. Never was given a choice...

Jim

How long ago was this? I talked to Tomis. Nice guy! I did call them to give them my payment information, so it sounds like they don't have a computer system to handle the communication piece.

In any event--you didn't get charged for a book you would've been disappointed in.

I agree, Thomas is a very nice guy. I've dealt with him in the past when he was part of Zen Comics. This guy really, really knows how to grade well. He's generally dead on or below. The main reason (aside from the killer books) I'd be more apt to deal with comiclink these days is the fact that he is there.

February...

No I wasn't charged but, regardless, I would have liked to have been notified the comics weren't coming. Especially after receiving an e-mail that the comics were available and reserved. I shouldn't have to chase down the status of comics I bought from someone...

Jim

I had an excellent experience with ComicLink when I ordered MARVEL MYSTERY #92. I had the book within four days of sending my check, and the packaging and grading were great.

February...

No I wasn't charged but, regardless, I would have liked to have been notified the comics weren't coming. Especially after receiving an e-mail that the comics were available and reserved. I shouldn't have to chase down the status of comics I bought from someone...

Jim

agreed. It appears there is a communication gap that they need to expose in the system; I may have had that "extra touch" because I had to give him my payment details.

I agree, Thomas is a very nice guy. I've dealt with him in the past when he was part of Zen Comics. This guy really, really knows how to grade well. He's generally dead on or below. The main reason (aside from the killer books) I'd be more apt to deal with comiclink these days is the fact that he is there.

Yeah, we had a laugh or too as well. A credit to the operation! thumbsup2.gif

I too like Tomis's ability to grade and resto check. He's actually more accountable than anyone at CGC (people know who he is and CL's business would suffer more than CGC's if grading was inconsistent) so he has to be better.

The security in obtaining accurately graded raw is reflected in the higher prices you tend to pay on CL for raw books. Similary, you pay extra knowing you'll actually receive any book you pay for from CL. To me, the trick is simply not paying too much.

I'm pleased to read about ComicLink's grading. It sounds first class. Am I right in assuming that if I buy a raw book from comiclink ( send it to CGC) and it comes back restored then The Link will refund my money? Can anyone confirm?

I'm pleased to read about ComicLink's grading. It sounds first class. Am I right in assuming that if I buy a raw book from comiclink ( send it to CGC) and it comes back restored then The Link will refund my money? Can anyone confirm?

I don't know off hand. Take a look at their web site for specific information, or better yet give them a call 516.466.2770. First hand is much better; I wouldn't depend on heresay.

thumbsup2.gif

From the site:

Money Back Guarantee

ComicLink provides a 6-day money back guarantee on all non CGC-graded comic books. The item must be returned in the same condition it was sent.

On a similar note, Comiclink is a great place to sell your stuff. It is so much easier than eBay and there are no worries or hassles. I haven't sold a comic on eBay since last December.

Joe

how do you get started selling on comic link?

On a similar note, Comiclink is a great place to sell your stuff. It is so much easier than eBay and there are no worries or hassles. I haven't sold a comic on eBay since last December.

Joe

how do you get started selling on comic link?

I had already registered as a buyer previously. But when I decided to start selling, I was able to enter all the info and download the scan of the book I was selling without going through any kind of registration or authorization. No extra steps were needed. All the books I have for sale on there I still have, and when they sell, I just send them in to comiclink. Very simple. Again, I found it all very easy.

Joe

I had already registered as a buyer previously. But when I decided to start selling, I was able to enter all the info and download the scan of the book I was selling without going through any kind of registration or authorization. No extra steps were needed. All the books I have for sale on there I still have, and when they sell, I just send them in to comiclink. Very simple. Again, I found it all very easy.

Joe

The online form has to be reviewed by ComicLink before you can sell. The first step requires approval on their point, but after that you are free to sell. And the best thing is--no fee to put the book up or take it down--you are in control!